Self-weaned from nighttime bottle

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Self-weaned from nighttime bottle

Postby pimento » 07 Aug 2012, 18:47

Eva hasn't had a daytime bottle for several months now- mostly because the toddler room at nursery doesn't do bottles. But we've continued with 7oz of cow's milk in a bottle at bedtime.

Last night she flat out refused it, for the first time. Tonight, same thing.

I just assumed these sorts of things happened over a long period of time!

I do wonder if her appetite/need for calories is decreasing though, as her nighttime dinner has now diminished into a bedtime snack, and even then, she rarely wants much more than some fruit or a yogurt.
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Re: Self-weaned from nighttime bottle

Postby babydsmummy » 07 Aug 2012, 20:20

You're probably right about her appetite decreasing. J isn't really that fussed about his bedtime bottle now - often only has 1oz but sometimes has more so I am carrying on with it, given any extra calories are a bonus for him. If she's happy though then I would go with it - better than having battles with a 2/3 year old who doesn't want to give it up!
Mummy to two amazing boys: D (Oct 08) and J (June 11)
babydsmummy

Re: Self-weaned from nighttime bottle

Postby pimento » 08 Aug 2012, 17:44

babydsmummy wrote: If she's happy though then I would go with it - better than having battles with a 2/3 year old who doesn't want to give it up!

You're not wrong there! That's what we were anticipating TBH. She's refused her milk again tonight. Will the dummy be this easy? I bet not...
Big E - Jan 2011
Little E - Feb 2013
pimento

Return to Toddler Led Eating