He tried something new!

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

He tried something new!

Postby scoobie » 15 Jul 2012, 03:43

Okay, we had to bribe him with cornbread, but Max ate two bites of a pinto bean!

Okay, those two bites constituted half of one bean (together), but I can still call it progress, right? He acted like the texture bothered him, so I am more convinced that he has issues with texture now. We made a huge deal of it and well, he hasn't done it since but hey. It's something! Oh and I almost forget he ate almost two whole raw carrots the other day. He likes to pretend he's Bugs Bunny.

Maybe this is a light at the end of my loooooong tunnel of rigid unwavering pickiness. I hope!
Heather
Homebirthing, BFing, sleep-sharing, babywearing, and cloth diapering/ECing mommy to Max (2/13/09)
scoobie

Re: He tried something new!

Postby madcatmummy » 15 Jul 2012, 07:35

Your Max is a similar age to my AD, she is doing similar things, but it's tiny steps in the right direction. I was amazed by the girl who won't eat 'noisy' food would actually eat and request more crunchy (raw) carrot! Yay for small victories, way to go Max!
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby scoobie » 09 Aug 2012, 03:11

Ok I'm trying not to get too excited but the last two days have been miraculous! after 2.5 years of not trying anything new, and that is really no exaggeration...

Yesterday at lunch I had our friend over whose LO is seven months older than M and eats everything...trying not to be jealous :mona Anyway I had made cheesy noodles, baked chicken and frozen mixed veggies as a side. As usual Max refused to eat anything and then decided he wanted crackers...I told him if he ate one veggie I would give him one cracker(they were small like goldfish). At first he refused then he did eat a diced carrot. A pea got him another one and he also ate a kernel of corn, then a couple of bites of chicken. This is monumental for my boy! Each time he started chewing it he made a face so I still think the texture thing is a lot of it.

Then last night he agreed to eat some chicken and a green bean, this time with each bite earning him a bite of yogurt. I really wanted to avoid bribing with food but at least this is all food he eats anyway and im not resorting to bad stuff.

Best of all today after refusing and throwing fits about the always-yummy spinach and goat cheese muffins, he took one bite for an almond (!) then proceeded to eat two whole muffins! I only had to bribe him for the first bite. Then he was talking about how strong and healthy he would be.

Thanks so much for all your help and encouragement ladies, there is light at the end of our tunnel and it's getting brighter! :bsmile
Heather
Homebirthing, BFing, sleep-sharing, babywearing, and cloth diapering/ECing mommy to Max (2/13/09)
scoobie

Postby madcatmummy » 11 Aug 2012, 06:43

GO MAX!!!! :D
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Return to Toddler Led Eating