Should I pull myself together and go?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Should I pull myself together and go?

Postby camper » 14 Jul 2012, 23:08

It's a colleague's son's 2nd birthday party today. I like her, there will be lots of other Mummies from work there, and MJ knows most of their kids. However, it's nearly an hour's drive away, I'm tired, DH probably won't come and tbh, as more time goes on, the less I seem to have in common with the Mummy-crew at work. They are lovely people, but they're all having their 2nd and 3rd children while we are out of the baby stage and unlikely to have any more (and the constant reminder of this isn't always easy.) I also often feel like if we didn't have kids and work together, we probably wouldn't have anything in common. We aren't natural suburbanites who talk mortgages, TV and football - there's nothing wrong with those topics of conversation, but I know nothing about any of them so I can't really join in, and that's very much the group that will be there.
But, I really feel like I ought to go, it won't be that bad and MJ will have fun.
Tell me, wise Weaners - should I get a grip and go or should I just chill at home today with DH and MJ and do something nice with the three of us instead?

ETA - sorry, no idea why this is in Toddler Led Eating but I can't work out how to move it!
camper

Re: Should I pull myself together and go?

Postby Riotproof » 15 Jul 2012, 00:17

I think an hours drive on a Sunday would be enough to put me off.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby camper » 15 Jul 2012, 00:36

That's probably my biggest sticking point - that's an hour each way and DH doesn't drive. Right now, MJ and I are still in our pyjamas making racing cars and crowns out of toilet rolls - it's so much fun and it seems so rare we get lovely time like this.
camper

Postby Riotproof » 15 Jul 2012, 00:38

I say, stay home and be silly.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby ches » 15 Jul 2012, 01:33

Do something else fun with MJ.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby camper » 15 Jul 2012, 07:46

Thank you for giving me permission to be a slacker :wink: In the end, I apologised on the grounds of everyone here having horrid colds (not untruthful) then we hung out in our 'jamas til midday, got the paddling pool out, made a Lego "festival", played in the playground, then called up some close friends and hung out in a cafe with them for a couple of hours. Perfect Sunday :D
camper

Return to Toddler Led Eating