Need advice again

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Need advice again

Postby smoggii » 24 Jun 2012, 13:36

OK i've tried to ride it out and now it's getting stressful and I don't know what to do

BLW worked wonders at the start, she took to it well and all was good at the start when food was supplementing her milk (formula) but we have never crossed over to milk supplementing her food.

Welly is 18 months old next week, and has as many bottles now as she did at six months, in fact this week she's been waking in the night and asking for another.

She likes food but never eats more than a few spoons/bites and then she just stops and doesn't want anymore half an hour later though it's 'bottle, bottle, bottle' and if she doesn't get her milk she breaks her heart crying so i think she must need it so give it to her.

She is very healthy, a good weight and is thriving so i'm not worried about that but I am worried that she' never going to eat properly.

She does sometimes ask for food but even then, two mouthfuls and done.

Please help, i could cope with this at 12 months but i really didn't think i'd still be here six months later.
Mum to Welly born 4th January 2011
smoggii

Re: Need advice again

Postby wacky12 » 24 Jun 2012, 14:07

there is another LO who didn't eat until 19 months and is fine now. Mine hoovered everything in sight so I cant reply from experience, but she will be fine. Perhaps change from a bottle of formula to a cup? She probably should have moved on to a cup by now anyway.
wacky12

Re: Need advice again

Postby smoggii » 24 Jun 2012, 17:24

We have tried that. She does drink drinks out of a cup but won't drink cows milk at all (bottle or cup) and refuses formula in a cup asking for bottle instead. Maybe she'll get it eventually.

3 teaspoons of home made chili tonight :-(
Mum to Welly born 4th January 2011
smoggii

Return to Toddler Led Eating