Hurray - he ate a vegetable!

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Hurray - he ate a vegetable!

Postby messtins » 10 May 2012, 12:56

After months and months and months of being an almost entirely carbohydrate based life-form, with the odd concession to protein, M of his own volition has eaten vegetables for the last few dinners whilst Mummy cheered very quietly under her breath Finally the policy of serving vegetables every day and trying not to mind when they were ignored or thrown has paid off. Long may it last..
Messtins, part-time vet, rest-of-the-time Mum to D 10/06 and M 05/10
messtins

Re: Hurray - he ate a vegetable!

Postby ToothFairy » 10 May 2012, 12:58

Yay!! Must be something in the air, Dilly ate a carrot the other day :D
Mummy to M - September 1998, D - October 2007, and E - May 2010. All BF, cloth nappies, and carried in the same sling, not sure BLW existed in the 90s though!
ToothFairy

Postby madcatmummy » 11 May 2012, 20:41

There truly must be something in the air. AD has been a vegetable free zone for most of her free will days (she was TWed) but in the last week she has eaten and liked leek, baby sweetcorn, crunchy carrot (normally she won't eat 'noisy' food!) and broccoli! And this afternoon even rediscovered blueberries. I just about fell over, I only hope it continues! :D
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby madcatmummy » 11 May 2012, 20:41

There truly must be something in the air. AD has been a vegetable free zone for most of her free will days (she was TWed) but in the last week she has eaten and liked leek, baby sweetcorn, crunchy carrot (normally she won't eat 'noisy' food!) and broccoli! And this afternoon even rediscovered blueberries. I just about fell over, I only hope it continues! :D
mum to AD (03/09) and JT (08/11) and 2 mad cats!
madcatmummy

Postby CherryPop » 13 May 2012, 22:07

ToothFairy wrote:Yay!! Must be something in the air, Dilly ate a carrot the other day :D

Chuh! I just came on here to do a big proud mummy post, and found you've all beaten me to it! Still...

JACOB ATE A CARROT TODAY!

Seriously, he eats no veg at all. It doesn't get anywhere near his mouth. Fruit is limited to grapes with occasional bursts of apples and bananas.

Today, he sat down to dinner, said "I don't like anything on that plate", then picked up his fork, speared a carrot and ate it! He ate his whole portion, and DH and I silently slid our portions onto his plate, and he ate those too!

True, he ate nothing else, but I don't fricking care. Wooop!
Mama to J born 10.3.09 and BabyPie born 21.11.12
Blogging: http://mynameis-beth.blogspot.com
CherryPop

Return to Toddler Led Eating