Now I'm 1, I don't want to eat that?

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Now I'm 1, I don't want to eat that?

Postby Sienasmum » 18 Apr 2012, 05:10

What is with turning 1 year old and becoming a fussy eater?

My DD has done BLW from 5 months and has had a fabulous variety of foods and has always been a great eater but now she pulls faces, spits her food out, throws it everywhere and refuses to eat. She only want rice crackers and bread sticks??

Last night I ended up blending our baked chicken pasta (after she chucked it around the kitchen) and she ate it! Is it the textures all of a sudden. She's not currently teething so I dont know what to do.

My mum reckons we shouldnt let her graize on crackers and then she might eat it (you know, "if she's hungry enough) but I'm trying to wean her from the breast so I have to distract her with a few crackers here and there.

mmmm what to do. I can't keep filling her with smoothies?? :?
First time mum to Chatterbox who came into our world on 27/04/11 and wiggled up my belly, latched on for a feed, opened her eyes and smiled.
Sienasmum

Re: Now I'm 1, I don't want to eat that?

Postby MeganMom » 27 May 2012, 20:20

My munchie man did that for a couple weeks, then went back to eating everything again. How long has it been?
MeganMom

Postby Pics » 27 May 2012, 21:01

Teeth are always a possibility - mine never ate when their teeth were moving. But coupled with that i found there was a drop in appetite after 1 too.
Mummy to 3 scrumptious BLWers, who sometimes rebel + ask for spoonfeeding (2007, 2010, 2013). Antilop chair, slings, cloth nappies, no steam mop but awaiting permission for special handshake which probably involves porridge.
http://www.slingtastic.com
Pics

Postby scotrail » 27 May 2012, 22:20

They get fussy to keep them from rating poisonous stuff when they learn to walk and get a greater modus of operation.. Or so the theory goes. Remember they also grow at a slower pace and need less.
scotrail

Postby wacky12 » 28 May 2012, 09:12

yup, they get more fussy as they get older. I think its the poisoning thing, but also they are starting to decide what tastes + textures they actually like.
wacky12

Postby Sienasmum » 29 May 2012, 00:16

I think it was teeth, she seems to have the upper molars moving around.

She is back to eating heaps again now. Breakfast is her best meal! I still find that she eats best if we share meals together. She just wants whatever we are having. And she only wants to feed herself now :)
First time mum to Chatterbox who came into our world on 27/04/11 and wiggled up my belly, latched on for a feed, opened her eyes and smiled.
Sienasmum

Postby MrsJennyK » 11 Jun 2012, 17:38

Man, oh man we are suffering from this too! I firmly believe that it's not cool to make separate meals for kids just because they don't want what we're having. On the other hand, they twins (almost 14 months, 12 months adjusted) need to eat! It's driving me crazy. How many different things am I supposed to offer at each meal for goodness' sake?

Jenny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<3 Oct 1989 - C
<3 Dec 1991 - F
<3 <3 Apr 2011 - A & R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MrsJennyK

Postby LemonJuice » 13 Jun 2012, 19:07

Same here and was the same with my mow 4.5yr old. Thanks Pics I had forgotten about the rate of growth from 1 yr onwards too. I have angsting about caterpillars eating - it' mainly cooked food at night that he won't eat.

I'm also reminded by a post above why we have such big breakfasts innout house now too because I noticed Em ate best in the morning so we have a big bowl if healthy cereal - weetabix or shredded wheat or crunchy nut or fav is a big bowlnod porridge; followed by 3 portions of fruit- melon, mango and banana and then toast.
Mummy to Little Em (09/07) and Caterpillar (01/11) Bf-ing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, baby signing, BLWing and BLPTing.
LemonJuice

Postby sully » 14 Jun 2012, 21:55

we have also just had 5 days of pretty much just bread sticks and rice cakes! Then i go to work for the day today and she eats everything in sight. Some days i feel more relaxed about it than others...
Pumpkin, b April 2011
Sweetpea, b July 2013
sully

Return to Toddler Led Eating