Calorific foods

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Calorific foods

Postby FestiveTidings » 04 Apr 2012, 19:30

After a nasty tummy bug Roo has lost a lot of weight. Instead of being tall and lean, he is now skinny (i can feel his spine and ribs). I know he will put the weight back on, but does anyone have any recipes/foods that are especially calorific just to give him a chance to gain some back?

I really feel that he's lost a lot of weight and he was never chubby to begin with so could do with some help
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Re: Calorific foods

Postby luverlylisa » 04 Apr 2012, 19:40

maybe some stodgy comfort type foods, risotto or cauliflower cheese - but add pasta shapes and other veg/ potato
sandwiches, muffins, pasta bolognaise, homemade pizza - im sure he will put it back on soon enough, little O always looks thin in the face after illness or teething, but only for a week or so then back to chubby chops x
luverlylisa

Postby EmsieJ » 04 Apr 2012, 21:10

Avocado, cheese, lamb, chicken leg meat, buttery sauces like cheese sauce, parsley sauce, coconut cream, houmous with loads of olive oil and tahini in, peanut butter, dried fruit, pancakes. Hope he chubs up soon x
Mam to Tinks born July 2011
EmsieJ

Postby MummaQ » 04 Apr 2012, 21:16

WTS^^

Avocado very high in calories and good fats...

You can get Complan for kiddies I think... The milkshake you take when you're poorly to bump up our vitamins and minerals, fats, proteins and carbs etc... I remember being put on that sort of thing when I lost a lot of weight as a child, had to have them in addition to meals to get me back up to weight.

Xxxx
MummaQ

Postby Sienasmum » 12 Apr 2012, 04:59

yoghurt and custards!
First time mum to Chatterbox who came into our world on 27/04/11 and wiggled up my belly, latched on for a feed, opened her eyes and smiled.
Sienasmum

Return to Toddler Led Eating