So here's the thing.........

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

So here's the thing.........

Postby VanillaPickle » 12 Sep 2007, 12:46

BLW is fabulous because you can get on with your meal, and even get to eat it hot whilst the little one gets on with theirs.

BUT, I've recently hit a problem..............the Pickle steals my food too!!!! I have to make sure that I have my plate a suitable distance away so that little metal fork from Tesco can't quite reach, otherwise I'm not left with much. This happens especially when there is mashed potato involved....aaaaah she takes after me.

She ate half a packet of tortellini the other night, and most of that came off my plate!

He he - there could be worse problems!!!!!!!!!
VanillaPickle

Postby realsLINshady » 12 Sep 2007, 12:55

We have started (with low-down cunning and sneakiness) to use this parent-plate-attraction to our advantage. On days when she's mucking about and not focusing, I line the edge of my plate nearest to her with choice morsels (usually snaffled from her plate and already scorned) and she swipes the lot.

Not the best precedent to be setting but if it keeps her eating rather than fishing in the Doidy I'll do it.
realsLINshady

Postby cmotdibbler » 12 Sep 2007, 12:56

We have that problem too - Callis considers everything to be for him, which can be an issue when he starts trying to pinch other peoples food too. We were out on Saturday and DH decided to have KFC in the food court whilst Callis and I had Quiznos salad - and guess what happened ? We did manage not to give in, but I think thats the last junk meal for DH when we're out together !
It does work well though - who'd have thought that octopus was good baby food.
cmotdibbler

Postby hunkermunker » 22 Sep 2007, 01:14

DS2 started eating asparagus like this... NOT interested in having it on his plate - all of a sudden, it was the most attractive thing in the world when it was on my plate. Unfortunate for me though - I like asparagus! :(
hunkermunker

Postby Mij » 27 Sep 2007, 21:08

Now IzzyMouse has a couple of meals at the childminder, she's apparently been swiping food off her new friends' plates, but as they do the same I really don't mind. She's probably trying all sorts of things I haven't thought of to give her, I'll have to ask CM to keep a note!

I pretty much assume all food is communal with IzzyMouse, and any other children who are around if I'm foolish enough to buy/eat/produce it in a snackpot in their eyeline.
Everything is done by ordinary people
Mij

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 21:34

hunkermunker wrote:DS2 started eating asparagus like this... NOT interested in having it on his plate - all of a sudden, it was the most attractive thing in the world when it was on my plate. Unfortunate for me though - I like asparagus! :(

Totally OT but was interested in your BF site and the link didn't work. I'm researching LOTS now I am a doula and hoping to do the best job with number 3 (as opposed to ok with number 1 and very pants with number 2)! amazing how much people DON'T tell you about BF. So yeah that's it, just want to look at your site pretty please!!!
Hannah Banana - Doula Mamma
Homebirthing, Baby Led Weaning, Cloth Using, Baby Signing Mum & Proud
Always Smiling!!! :D
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Postby Aitch » 30 Sep 2007, 21:45

hannah it's offline at the moment, hunker's working to get it back up and running from a different location. the link should work in the next few days, i'll get hunks to post on here when it's working again. :D
it'll be so good, i think, to have a clever bfing site, no judgements, just common courtesy and common sense. she's a diamond, our hunker, she helps a lot of people on Mumsnet already but needs more space to, er, rant. :wink:
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby babybanana » 30 Sep 2007, 22:00

Most definitely will be good. There's too much pressure and not enough support if you ask me.

Thanks for letting me know :D
Hannah Banana - Doula Mamma
Homebirthing, Baby Led Weaning, Cloth Using, Baby Signing Mum & Proud
Always Smiling!!! :D
www.babybanana.biz
www.doulamamma.co.uk
babybanana

Return to Toddler Led Eating