Going dairy free - help, advice, suggestions needed.

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

Postby Aitch » 15 Sep 2007, 21:11

that is really good to hear, taliac. and lol at brain-freeze. i get brain-leak, so i sympathise.
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Jeni » 14 Oct 2007, 14:04

i just add water to mashed potatoes instead of milk, on a cottage pie none of us could tell the difference :)

you know you can use coconut milk, coconut milk rice pudding is lovely :). im not sure on the recipe for it as i made it for josh and he didnt touch it, hes not really into desserts but im sure if you google it you will find 1. also, josh loves spicy foods like chilli/thai curry.

btw, the cheapest value brands are the one that are least likely to have milk in them, so tesco's value garlic bread baguettes dont have milk, but the next step up in price do, same goes for the biscuits. warburtons fruit breads dont have milk in, they are lovely toasted (but then i put best butter on as josh is ok with that...) we use rice milk on cereal as he doesnt get on well with soya milk, but you also have to check that the cereals dont have milk in!
Jeni

Previous

Return to Toddler Led Eating