right, i'm starting the oldies section off...

Oh, we're done with all that vegetable-steaming and mess, our children are cutlery-wielding, spaghetti-chomping angels... at least some of the time.

right, i'm starting the oldies section off...

Postby Aitch » 31 Aug 2007, 10:38

what can i think of to say? apart from I AM SO GLAD I DID BLW, we were in a cafe the other day with a baby who still doesn't eat lumps at 12 months, the poor mum was so stressed-out. fortunately babybear is so old now that we dodn't get into the whole BLW thing, i just nodded sympathetically and trotted out the old 'ah well they're all on lumps by school' line. PMSL, if i posted that on MN i'd get lynched! [still slightly worried emoticon] :D
Aitch
Site Admin

Re: right, i'm starting the oldies section off...

Postby hunkermunker » 01 Sep 2007, 12:57

Haha at your worried emoticon!

I remember DH having lunch with the boys in an M&S cafe when I was at work and by the end of it, there were several people at nearby tables asking him questions about what DS2 (9mo) was eating (a chicken and avocado sandwich) and how old was he because he was managing it so well.

I had lunch there with a similar menu later the next week with the boys and nobody batted an eyelid - so I think it was more "Dad out with two young children By Himself" that got the attention...maybe...!
hunkermunker

Postby redpen » 01 Sep 2007, 14:47

What counts as an oldie? Is this section for the over 30s? If so, I'm in.
My son is 12.5 months, btw. People are generally impressed at how well he eats until he decides he's had enough and sweeps it all off his highchair onto their lap.
redpen

Postby VVVQV » 02 Sep 2007, 00:07

<slots>

Hello folks :D
VVVQV

Postby Aitch » 02 Sep 2007, 00:10

hello there VVV, and welcome. i see that you've discovered one of our many bugs already... if you write something between <> it only shows the first word, rather mysteriously.
:D
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby Aitch » 02 Sep 2007, 00:12

oh and redpen, i was thinking oldie babies, as opposed to our ages. we are a broad church... i even panicked about keeping the registration age down to 13 in case we excluded any young mums from BLW. :oops:
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby hunkermunker » 02 Sep 2007, 10:34

Nah, Aitch, she thought it was a gamblers anonymous forum and she was confessing her addiction to the slots... <onearmedbandit> :wink:
hunkermunker

Postby Aitch » 02 Sep 2007, 10:43

i see you have defeated the forum's habit of deleting all but the first word contained in <>... <verycunning>
Aitch
Site Admin

Postby *helen.a.* » 02 Sep 2007, 18:52

im not sure if I count as an oldie, wee man is 10 months old now and has been eating anything and everything since week 4 of blw he loves his food, A LOT, and after initial doubts from the rents and in laws they couldnt be more chuffed that he eats anything they happen to place in frot of him, although mil does have a tendency to stick to what she knows ie macaroni lol. Ive also had the stares in tescos etc when he's feeding himself, and the inevitable questions of how why and what for which end up in me going into the ins and outs of gagging/allergies/speech problems/mess etc etc you know the drill ;)

One thing I have noticed since he started walking last month is that he tends to want to eat nore but less often anyone else had that?
*helen.a.*

Postby Abi » 04 Sep 2007, 15:12

am definitely an oldie.. as DD is 2... but eats anything, often still with her hands, but is getting to grips with her cutlery . Can now feed herself cereal with milk, with a spoon.....
Abi

Postby Mij » 19 Sep 2007, 21:49

Oh, it's nice to find you all over here. Izzymouse an oldie at 15 months, but still going through the 'ah, you thought tomatoes were my favourite food and now, voila! I'm going to refuse them completely just to keep you on your toes' ups and downs of BLW. Going to rustle up a quick article for our local NCT mag to try to spread the word too. And she still doesn't really eat much, not on a regular basis, although she will occasionally take me by surprise and scoff everything I give her and leave me fertling around in cupboards for more.

BTW, do you all still make more than you think your LOs will eat? I do out of habit more than anything, and because she's not beyond dumping the whole lot of the floor from time to time and I like to have backup. But it is starting to feel wasteful.

Having a little bit of a struggle with food these last two weeks as DP working in Lisboa, and we're out with him for a visit. Being veggie and IzzyMouse not being a big fan of either bread or egg leaves us a bit short of ideas, particuarly when eating out. Got a stash of rissoto in the freezer thank god (really, really will send you that recipe Aitch, when we get back.)
Everything is done by ordinary people
Mij

Return to Toddler Led Eating