Starting my research now!

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Starting my research now!

Postby CLsMommy » 11 May 2017, 15:53

My pediatrician has recommended to start my son on solids at 6 months. I have heard wonderful things about BLW and want to do as much research as I can before August. What has been your experience at 6 months with BLW? We plan on introducing fruits and veg instead of the traditional cereal, as my little one has had some tummy troubles with gas, and I know some babies are more irritated by cereals
CLsMommy

Re: Starting my research now!

Postby ChristmasGift » 28 May 2017, 21:15

Hi there! There is lots of useful info in the 'getting started' tab so have a look in there and see what you can find. My LO wasn't quite ready at 6 months but a couple of weeks later she got stuck in really quickly. Babies are all different and some get the hang of it quickly, others take a bit longer but they all get there in the end. My experience with blw was that it was a lovely sociable way to introduce solid food. Whilst my puree weaning friends fed there babies and then ate their own dinner cold I got to sit ad enjoy sharing a meal with my daughter from the very start. I was a bit freaked out by the gagging but I now know that some puree weaned babies struggle with gagging anyway especially once they are introduced to more lumpy foods. It really is a great way to introduce solid food!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Re: Starting my research now!

Postby SherryEllingson » 31 May 2017, 09:00

Avoid these fruits and veggies that may cause gas- Beans, Broccoli, Cabbage, Apricots, Peaches, Pears,etc..
SherryEllingson

Return to New to BLW?