Rash

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Rash

Postby Wait4nothing » 28 Oct 2016, 09:08

Little wait has been weaning for about 3 weeks, baby led and generally everything going fine.
However she has gradually developed a rash around her mouth and at various places on her hands (not her palms).
I'm not sure if it's an allergy to food or maybe to wet wipes (We've always used wet wipes for nappy change but not on her hands and face before weaning).
I've cut out food that I first noticed the rash after (strawberrys and rice cakes) but it hasn't gone (though it was the worst that day).
Any advice? My health visitor is very difficult to get in contact with!
Wait4nothing

Re: Rash

Postby sabrina fair » 28 Oct 2016, 19:06

Hello! It could be an allergic reaction to either. You could try just using a wet flannel for wiping to see if that's the culprit. Some more acidic foods can cause a rash like tomato without it being an allergy. Babies skin is quite sensitive and what's bothering her now may not impact after a few weeks. However, I'd be tempted to ask your doctor just to put your mind at rest. Sorry not to be more help!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Re: Rash

Postby Treeb » 05 Nov 2016, 07:08

Wet wipes are a pretty common irritant for little ones, so it could very easily be those. Try using just a wet cloth for a week or so and see if you notice any changes.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Return to New to BLW?