Literally about to start BLW and terrified!

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Literally about to start BLW and terrified!

Postby MummaBear85 » 19 Jun 2016, 16:03

I'm cooking my kids dinner and I have extra broccoli in for my baby girl, she is 6 months old! I'm so scared, she is my 4th baby and I have only ever puree fed before so this is all so new and scary for me :? Literally can feel panic rising! I know BLW is great, my niece was BLW and she done amazingly so much so that I was gobsmacked and really want to try it for my little Meadow
MummaBear85

Re: Literally about to start BLW and terrified!

Postby qbm » 19 Jun 2016, 16:15

Broccoli is a good one to start with. Hope she enjoys it (whether that's playing with it or eating it)! :)
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby MummaBear85 » 19 Jun 2016, 17:42

She done really well and loved it! Ate a bit which I was suprised with I thought she would just mush it all up (which she also did do lol) but she put it in her mouth and chomped it up, so proud of my baby girl :D and suprised I did it! I was so scared but no choking lol
MummaBear85

Postby Lily » 19 Jun 2016, 18:34

How did it go?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Cofa's Tree » 19 Jun 2016, 19:26

Well done Meadow - she showed you what she could do :wink: Has it helped you relax a teeny-weeny little bit? My husband still twitches a bit when I put strips of meat in front of my 8 month old (and it's second time round for us!)
Cofa's Tree

Postby MummaBear85 » 19 Jun 2016, 19:43

It went really well thank you Lily, I a, seriously impressed about a natural instinct, Meadow knew exactly what to do and didn't have any trouble doing it!

Cofa's tree yes it's helped me relax a little bit, I was super excited seeing her munching on it herself! I am still nervous about it but I'm going to read up more and more so I know what foods are best to start with and what to avoid etc, the more I know about it the more relaxed I will feel I'm sure! Still can't believe I actually let her have whole broccoli and to feed herself!
MummaBear85

Postby mamapup » 20 Jun 2016, 09:12

Welcome to the world of feeling slightly clever because you've stumbled across this amazing secret - babies can feed themselves!
It's wonderful. Well done Meadow.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Return to New to BLW?