Are we ready?

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Are we ready?

Postby Nattybear » 16 Jun 2016, 21:28

Hi there! My daughter is 5.5 months old and breast fed at the moment. I want to do blw with her and was fully prepared to wait til 6 months, maybe even a little longer. Well, to me she is showing most of the signs of being ready now. She sits independently for moderate periods of time, although she does still tip over occasionally. She can bend forward to pick up a toy and sit back up again. She watches me eat and makes chewing motions with me, especially if I'm eating something really chewy, and she seems more and more intent on getting my food. She was on my lap yesterday while I was eating sushi, and she was scratching my face trying to get my crispy California roll! If I'm drinking and holding her, she is constantly trying to get the cup out of my mouth and into hers. So, I was thinking about giving it a shot a few weeks earlier than I'd originally intended. Are there reasons I shouldn't?
Nattybear

Re: Are we ready?

Postby StJuniper » 17 Jun 2016, 00:53

No reasons at all! Sounds like she's ready to go. Both mine started at 5.5 months.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Re: Are we ready?

Postby mamapup » 17 Jun 2016, 09:02

Go for it. Both mine LOVE sushi so don't be surprised if she goes wild for it (damn these modern kids with expensive tastes!).
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Return to New to BLW?