Breakfast ideas for 9 month old

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Breakfast ideas for 9 month old

Postby allthelittleducks » 17 May 2016, 08:29

Hi everyone, I'm new here but not to BLW - weaning my 2nd and spent a long time browsing these forums with my first!

Just looking for some easy, not-too-messy ideas for breakfasts. We're currently a bit reliant on porridge fingers but unsurprisingly my 9mo is getting a bit fed up with them! So I'm looking for something that's as quick to make and also no messier to clean up, as breakfast time is a bit busy!
allthelittleducks

Re: Breakfast ideas for 9 month old

Postby Marrow » 17 May 2016, 08:36

Mini shredded wheat moistened with a bit of milk are easy to pick up and don't do the concrete thing that weetabix does.
Pancakes are easy to make in advance - there's a banana and oat recipe on here somewhere (IIRC: whizz oats in food processor, add banana, add eggs, cook)
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby allthelittleducks » 17 May 2016, 13:37

Mini shredded wheat is her other occasional breakfast :) Making pancakes in advance is a brilliant idea - will try to make a batch to freeze tomorrow. Thank you!
allthelittleducks

Postby Treeb » 17 May 2016, 16:18

Fruit
Dry cereal
Toast (could be messy depending on toppings)
Plain Greek yogurt (mess factor depends on child, but less messy than regular yogurt)
Muffins can be made ahead and frozen
Strips of omelette
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby allthelittleducks » 18 May 2016, 13:54

Made the pancakes today - tasted great to me so hope little H enjoys them tomorrow!

Thanks for the other ideas Treeb. Can I ask how you manage Greek yoghurt without too much mess? :)
allthelittleducks

Postby Treeb » 18 May 2016, 19:45

Well it really depends on your lo and their level of spoon proficiency. It's quite thick so you can load it on a spoon, hand the spoon over for them to eat, re-load for them etc. It tends to stay on the spoon pretty well even when turned upside down and such. The mess for us comes when they get confused about which part of the spoon to hold or just bored and decide to start grabbing their yogurt in their fist. Loading the spoons means you also have to be hanging out with lo which works out fine if you're eating your own breakfast, but not as ideal if you're trying to have them ready while you run around doing other busy morning things!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Return to New to BLW?