do food intolerances from bf persist with solids?

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

do food intolerances from bf persist with solids?

Postby shine » 17 Jan 2016, 13:04

hello! just started blw with my little foot. he's six and a half months now and really enjoys eating (although i have to be careful not to overdo it with the toast)! i am a vegetarian, and little foot seems to have a reaction whenever i eat dairy or soy products. the reaction is this: he seems to be in pain centered around his belly, arches his back, scoots about, and HATES being laid on his back for changing. his poop takes an extra day or two to arrive, and it's green. so my question is this, is it likely he is intolerant of dairy and soy himself? i could just give him some to try, but i hate to see him in pain.
shine

Re: do food intolerances from bf persist with solids?

Postby ches » 17 Jan 2016, 14:06

In my experience, it got a lot worse. I cut out dairy while bf T and switched to almond milk. I was able to reintroduce dairy to my diet without any measurable difference, but when I introduced him to cow's milk he got really badly constipated and still does to this day if he has too much dairy. He's 4.5yr now and has almond milk still. It's not as high in protein or fat as soy and cow's milk, but it does have a lot more vitamin E and calcium. I think almond was one of the lower sodium alternatives, which is why I picked it when he was a baby. I did make him oat milk once or twice, which is obviously much cheaper than buying almond, but it wasn't something I could make in bulk and keep because I work full-time and the milk would separate -- maybe I could've shaken it, I don't know, it just wasn't something sustainable for me at the time.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby EnigmaFish » 08 Feb 2016, 23:30

Shine, if you're reading this be careful of taking advice from spammers who may or may not be real people, but definitely have an ulterior motive.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kitcameron » 09 Feb 2016, 16:29

And spammers spamming spammers lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby EnigmaFish » 09 Feb 2016, 23:32

v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Feb 2016, 15:58

Lol
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Return to New to BLW?