December Starters

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Re: December Starters

Postby smileykel » 22 Dec 2015, 20:57

That's so good to hear thank you! I'm really struggling to cook things to the correct consistency at the moment. I've ruined numerous veggies by my crap cooking skills. They are either way too hard or overlooked to the point they turn to rubber!
smileykel

Postby mysti77 » 28 Dec 2015, 21:38

Hi everyone! I did baby led weaning with my son 5 years ago and he loved his food. My daughter started on 13th December and has yet to eat anything. She just squishes the food! Anyone else's baby not yet interested?
mysti77

Postby deannag86 » 30 Dec 2015, 17:06

I am also super new at everything. Although this is my second baby my oldest is 9 years old & I've forgotten most of everything! Unlike my first, this baby has been exclusively breastfed from day one. I want to start this baby led weaning but have no idea where to start. I got the book but I can't concentrate long enough to retain any info it gives me.
How often do you feed solids? So far we've done 4 days of sweet potatoes & last night we introduced avocados. But we've only been feeding him once in the evening. Do I do it more often during the day or just start off at once a day & then for how long do we keep that up?& hour often do you introduce new foods?
deannag86

Postby Dans » 06 Jan 2016, 21:25

Bit late to this thread but I started early December with my daughter, she was 6 months on the 22nd.

We started with one meal (dinner) then moved up to two meals (lunch) that week. We started very slow but then moved up to trying different foods each meal unless it was one of the possible allergy foods, then we waited a couple days before introducing another allergy type food.

Dans
Dans

Postby yorkshirepudding » 10 Feb 2016, 22:55

How's everyone doing? Im loving how excited E is about food, really don't remember Moo being like this, I think his initial enthusiasm quickly waned, for about 2 years!

She still loves bread products and potatoes, demolished leek flan and shepherds pie, and tonight loved prawns! the poos are no longer sweet smelling (sob) but less explosive (yay). She's learnt to use her sippy cup much quicker than Moo too, and some days nurses quite a lot less.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Previous

Return to New to BLW?