7 month old not interested in milk

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

7 month old not interested in milk

Postby MaccyC » 10 Nov 2015, 11:28

Hi,

Looking for a bit of reassurance and if anyone has had similar experience.

I've been doing BLW for approx 6weeks with my now 7 month old. She's took to it really well and we've both really been enjoying it. She has breakfast and tea and started swallowing food quite early on. She was also having 4 7oz bottles a day. Over the last week I do think she's started swallowing more and she just doesn't seem to want much milk at all. I'm struggling to get her to take more than 4oz per feed. Her top tooth is coming through so thought it might be that but she's still sleeping through and not waking hungry. I've also tried a faster teat but that made no difference. I obviously can't force her and I know she'll take what she wants but I think it's just took me by surprise how much her milk has dropped so quickly. Has anyone had this or did baby go back to taking more milk again? Lots of the info I've seen for formula feeders is for those doing traditional weaning.

Thanks
MaccyC

Re: 7 month old not interested in milk

Postby Riotproof » 11 Nov 2015, 10:59

Can you try feeding her in a quiet, dark room?

They are discovering so much ATM, it's hard to focus on milk. Can happen with breastfed babies too.
Cherub - Feb 2010.
Little miss - Jan 2015
Riotproof

Postby mamapup » 11 Nov 2015, 14:28

Don't give up! My second stopped bf totally at eight months. Broke my heart but it was her choice. After three weeks of total mill refusal (breast and bottle) she finally accepted bottles of milk. She never took breast milk again but at least she accepted milk of some kind. She also loved food so I think was enjoying that too much for a while.

It's also true that life is generally more interesting now she's a bit bigger, which could be distracting her.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby MaccyC » 11 Nov 2015, 16:41

Thanks for suggestions she has taken more today so I think maybe she was just having a lean week. She is easily distractable anyway so might try the quiet room suggestion.
MaccyC

Return to New to BLW?