BLW on a cruise ship?

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

BLW on a cruise ship?

Postby Muzz » 01 Nov 2015, 21:39

Our daughter is 6 months old on Wednesday, and we’re planning on starting her down the blw path next weekend. The original plan was to try and keep meals within the house for the first few weeks. However a last minute bargain holiday means we’re off on a cruise later in the month.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of blw on a cruise, especially during the early days?

Thanks!
Muzz

Re: BLW on a cruise ship?

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 01 Nov 2015, 22:35

We went away when DD1 was 10 months old, so a little bit older. It was fine, in that there was lots of food on offer so I could pick and choose what she had. But by the end of the trip, there were so many cheek squeezing interruptions from other passengers, she wasn't eating very much at all!

You will probably find a similar thing with yours. It's very early on in your weaning journey so I would think you have nothing to worry about. She'll be relying on milk for a good while yet so let her play with a few foods and enjoy your holiday!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Re: BLW on a cruise ship?

Postby emzit » 02 Nov 2015, 00:35

I'm sure there will be lots to choose from and she'll be absolutely fine! Just be mindful that the cooking will probably be salted, so I would try to minimise those and concentrate on fresh foods - fruit and salads, etc. being mindful of raw carrots and apples etc too.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Return to New to BLW?