back in the chair again

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

back in the chair again

Postby busmother » 20 Oct 2015, 19:57

No3 turned 6 months on Friday, so we dug the trusty Antilop out of the basement on Sunday, and with some trepidation handed him a chunk of baked potato that evening. And so it begins. Part of me is very excited. Part of me is utterly filled with dread because our house is such a tip and it's such a source of stress already that the additional workload of mopping and clearing up and laundry could just send me over the edge. Can't he just carry on with milk and I can eat increasingly enormous quantities of cake? But it has to be said that he is loving it. It may be worth it just for the grin on his face as he crammed the carrot stick in this evening.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Re: back in the chair again

Postby Lily » 20 Oct 2015, 20:47

Go no3!
Bee still doesn't eat anything. But she makes an astonishing amount of mess in the process. Brace yourself. It can't be as bad as twins, though, and it's damn cute to see them getting excited.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby mamapup » 20 Oct 2015, 20:53

Oh how has that happened already?
Honestly, the mess is less annoying second time round as you have less time to care. And before you know it he'll be copying the buses and using cutlery all over the place. Enjoy!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 21 Oct 2015, 20:50

We've definitely had less tolerance for the mess this time round. There doesn't seem to be any time left to clean up, since I'm chasing two kids around the house now. Newt ends up eating mostly only clean foods. I still don't think she's had yogurt. :?
Of course, if I took my own advice and actually used bibs or floor cloths, I'd probably cut down on my own mess significantly.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby junglewonderland » 22 Oct 2015, 12:18

Good luck! I found the mess overwhelming at first, but now I'm used to it.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Return to New to BLW?