Here we go again!

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Here we go again!

Postby Lily » 01 Oct 2015, 18:50

Can't quite believe we've reached this milestone already - Bee had her first taste of real food today! She's started sitting unsupported in the last few days, and she'll be 6 months old next week.

We were in the park eating raspberries and I offered her one just to see what she'd do. She squished it pretty thoroughly, then dropped the resulting coulis into my hand and proceeded to lick it off my fingers. Not sure any really got swallowed, but she was playing with it for a good five minutes.

It's truly amazing how much mess you can make with a single raspberry. I had forgotten the true extent of the horror. Bracing myself for the months ahead.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Re: Here we go again!

Postby Kanga » 01 Oct 2015, 19:34

No way!!!! Enjoy the mess ;)
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby yorkshirepudding » 01 Oct 2015, 20:15

Oh wow, 6 months! Good choice of first food (if you're outside!)
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby mamapup » 01 Oct 2015, 20:50

Blimey, she's six months?
Oh yes, the mess. Brace yourself! I found it both easier and harder second time around: easier because I had less time to worry or focus on little Croc but harder because the mess outweighed the excitement of weaning a little more.

But at least Bea had the decency to wait until she was close to six months.

Enjoy x
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby busmother » 06 Oct 2015, 20:42

Oh goodness me! It'll be us next. It's half term next week, when he officially turns 6m, but think we'll wait until we get back, unless he starts picking bits off our plates. He's definitely sitting up enough, and has the beginnings of a tooth. Good luck Lily, I'll look forward to comparing notes shortly.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby Lily » 06 Oct 2015, 20:53

Isn't it bizarre that they're somehow not newborns any more?

She's got a nasty cold and we've been frantically busy, so food hasn't been top priority the last few days. Total intake of solids so far (based on nappy contents): two raspberry seeds, a small fragment of banana, and the corner of a page from a glossy magazine. Hopefully it'll get a bit more balanced once she actually hits 6 months.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Cofa's Tree » 07 Oct 2015, 06:02

Ha, love the corner of a magazine! Hope she's feeling a bit better today with her cold and you can find more evidence of solids :)
Cofa's Tree

Return to New to BLW?