oil, herbs, slices

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

oil, herbs, slices

Postby szam » 28 Sep 2015, 12:56

We've been doing BLW since our LO was 6 1/2 mo. He's now 9 months & going to town with the food at each meal! I love it!
He has a number of allergies that have been identified already, and so we introduce one new food at a time, giving it to him for at least three days before introducing another. So far, we've basically been steaming anything we give him.
I would love to roast some of his vegetables the way we eat them - with a little oil & herbs. When can those things be safely introduced to baby? I would like to err on the side of caution considering his easily upset tummy & allergies
szam

Re: oil, herbs, slices

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 Sep 2015, 14:01

Hi there and welcome to the forum

You can introduce any food any time - with the exception of honey (not until after they are 1 due to botulism risk), whole nuts (until they are 5 due to choking hazard) and just be careful of salt quantities. But just go for it! There really is not rule book in introducing new flavours and textures and the sooner he is eating them, the better as he'll be approaching the "do not try anything new phase" before long!!!! (it varies with each child though!)

If you are concerned about allergic reactions, offer new foods during the day, then you can instantly spot a reaction, rather than at night when they may be off to sleep shortly after food.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Return to New to BLW?