'I will be doing a mix of BLW and puree'. Discuss.

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Re: 'I will be doing a mix of BLW and puree'. Discuss.

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Jul 2015, 18:11

I don't know about he rest of you by both my dds fought tooth and nail against blw. How they craved spoons and for me to feed them watery mush full of nothingness.

I'm sorry you feel this way. You are of course entitled to your opinion but to insinuate that we are all lazy child abusers is a bit rich tbh. Not being rude? Are you sure about that?

Have you read the book? Do you know the reasons behind blw? And do you seriously think so many of us would have gone on to blw second children if it were clearly so bad for our firsts?
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby FestiveTidings » 19 Jul 2015, 19:44

I suspect Adan's method of weaning included threatening to eat 3 billy goats gruff......;-)
Mum to Roo born Feb 2011 and Wee One born April 2014 - each one a miracle.
FestiveTidings

Postby sabrina fair » 19 Jul 2015, 19:58

Who's that trip trapping over MY bridge :-D
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby Kitcameron » 19 Jul 2015, 20:01

Think I've finally got it lol.
Kitcameron

Postby CaelaCoo » 19 Jul 2015, 21:03

If you don't agree with BLW adn why are you here?!

You are entitled to your opinion but please do not accuse us of child abuse because we let our kids feed themselves.

Molly refused to take a spoon so BLW worked for her. She loved being independent and feeding herself.

Connor isn't old enough yet but I am happy to combination feed if that is what I feel is best but I would prefer to let him do it himself
*Moo moo's (26/03/13)*
*baby c (4/3/15)*
CaelaCoo

Postby sabrina fair » 19 Jul 2015, 21:39

Welcome Adan, how old is your baby? Are you enjoying the weaning process so far? Please do ask any questions - chances are whatever your worries, one of us has been there and would be able to help. Have fun and have a look around the boards - we're a friendly bunch :-).
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby cloudcuckoo » 20 Jul 2015, 10:21

Adam, you may be surprised to find out that we are an evidence-loving crowd. If you can point is to some evidence for your rather brutal assertions, you will find plenty of people interested in discussing it with you.
Two girls, Bug (2010) and Bobs (2007) in the cloud-nest, and a boy, Boo, too (February 2014)
cloudcuckoo

Postby somerandomchick » 21 Jul 2015, 17:16

I'm going to say child abuse is a little much. Breastmilk/formula is not 'unsatisfying liquid' it's literally made for babies and exactly what they're supposed to eat. It's satisfying because that's what their bellies can digest. And it's pretty high in fat, which babies need

It's not starvation to hand a baby a piece of broccoli and say 'figure it out' because if you give them mush they just poop it out anyways. They're getting very little real nutrition from any food they swallow from 4-8 months. Until your baby's poop looks like a person's poop, they're not really getting that much out of their food. It's not starvation to let my child chew on a bell pepper strip instead of feeding them a tablespoon of pea puree.
somerandomchick

Postby somerandomchick » 21 Jul 2015, 17:17

I feel like adan is everybody's mo/MIL/grandma who insists your baby must be hungry and need cereal at 2 months. Hi grandma!
somerandomchick

Postby Brigitte » 26 Jul 2015, 05:50

I love you guys.
I love my kiddos! Two April girls (2011 and 2013) and a May boy (2016). I guess we have spring babies in this family.
Brigitte

Postby planeta » 17 Aug 2015, 20:30

HI!

New!

I've just started BLW with my almost 7month year old. We've been going about a week. Although there are a few things she will eat - oranges, bread, banana - everything else she just tends to crush into mush! She looks like she really enjoys doing that, haha! Is this a normal first stage? Often none of it ever makes it to her mouth at all!

Also - anyone's thoughts on foods which contain sugar? If it's a tiny bit, like some coconut sugar in biscuits, is that alright?

Has anyone else found that BLW brought with it increased night waking....?

:D
planeta

Postby Kitcameron » 18 Aug 2015, 15:46

Yes completely normal lol

I'd say a small amount of sugar is ok, just try to limit it as obviously it's bad for their teeth and you don't want to be creating bad a snacking habits, well that's my main worry with my girls and biscuits etc anyway lol.

And yes I think that is possible as they suddenly start digesting food or something.
Kitcameron

Postby zefron » 29 Dec 2015, 07:35

thanks a lot for the link
Graduated from [url=http://www.soran.edu.iq/] Soran [/url] University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
zefron

Previous

Return to New to BLW?