Need help with menu planning!!

Oh my God, look! Your baby is eating broccoli!
Feel free to boast about your child here.
And if it's not going so brilliantly yet? Come and have a right old whinge.

Need help with menu planning!!

Postby felizefun » 17 Jan 2011, 13:48

Hi lovely ladies,
I need some advice with menu planning for my 8 month old DD. I have been doing BLW with her since 6 months and I try to give her 3 meals a day (b'fast, lunch and dinner) as much as possible. But I have some trouble deciding what to give her... This is how a typical day looks like at the moment, and 've stated my questions alongside;

B'fast - toast soliders with butter/avacado, fried egg, cereal, cheese sticks...
I usually give her toast soliders everyday and spoonfeed cereal...Is it ok? I give both coz in case she doesn't eat one she might eat the other...Should I give both or just stick to one at a time? So far, she has tasted a bit of the fried egg (after I offered it for ages, it seems). I've heard that babies need to see the same food at least 6 times before they eat it? So should I keep offering fried egg everyday until she starts to eat it properly?
Also, is there any other food/s to add to this b'fast repertoire?

Lunch - steamed carrot, broccoli, b'nut squash, sweet potato, asparagus... I offer almost all of these veggies at the same time, everday. Is this ok? I also offered steamed salmon to the repertoire? Should I offer it separately from the other veggies? Also, we usually eat rice and curry for lunch, how can I offer rice? DD hasn't developed her pincer grip yet? Should I mash rice and spoonfeed? She doesn't let me spoonfeed her most of the time... Should I wait for her to develop the pincer grip before offering curries like dahl? Or should I keep offering some of the curries everyday for her to get familiar?

Dinner - This is the one I have most trouble plannig...ATM I offer fruits like plums, banana, avacado, pears, apple...but she hardly eat anything...what else can I offer for dinner? Again, we usually eat rice and curry for dinner also, and we eat dinner pretty late so I offer dinner to DD around 6pm, before her bedtime?

I'm sorry for rambling on...Please help me out....

Thank you all so much....
felizefun

Return to New to BLW?