Gill Rapley

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Gill Rapley

Postby AB&M » 07 Sep 2007, 13:11

I just followed the link to the weaning room to read the Gill Rapley interview and it mentioned her DVD. I've seen the clip on youtube but has anyone actually seen the whole DVD?

I'm wondering whether to bother buying it, if only to show my mum!!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby Loubylou » 07 Sep 2007, 15:00

I was going to buy it and then discovered the blog. I wasn't sure the dvd could offer much more info really. Also the videos on youtube of BLW babies eating might be enough to convince your mum?!
Loubylou

Postby AB&M » 07 Sep 2007, 18:19

She doesn't need convincing - so supportive of anything us kiddies do really. I just wanted to show her something other than Bruno throwing food on the floor!
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Postby cloviscat » 09 Sep 2007, 18:24

Hi there - I've seen the DVD: I was able to borrow it. It is just fine: straightforward, steady, with some nice charming touches, but it's not too in-you-face-over-exuberant. It's informative without being dictatorial, and has some nice illustrative shots (I like the baby dropping stuff on the floor, in particular). If it wasn't for the price (and I understand the reasons for the price) then I'd recommend everyone to watch it.

I'd guess it will sell well on Ebay, once you've finished with it

HTH
Cloviscat
Mum to:
Beeble - July 06
Fruit - April 02
cloviscat

Postby Spanner » 09 Sep 2007, 21:24

I think this is what we were shown at our clinic for our weaning talk by HV. We watched a video showing 'traditional' weaning followed by one on BLW. I can ask when I go for weigh in tomorrow if it was the Rapley one but I can't imagine there are lots of different ones. If so it was quite basic and straightforward but worth a watch.
Spanner

Postby ruecaterine » 11 Sep 2007, 20:09

Wow progressive HV. We were just told to go buy Annabel Karmel. It was so focussed I didn't dare ask about BLW, but luckily found Aitchs blog at the same time.
ruecaterine

Return to Random Thoughts