Peeling grapes

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Peeling grapes

Postby rachelhill » 04 Sep 2007, 12:21

My friend whose daughter is the same age as mine, peels grapes before giving them to her daughter, because the skins are 'hard to handle' :?

What other weirdness is there out there from non BLWers?
Spoons are for loons. Many hands make big mess. Don't like that - it goes splat
rachelhill

Postby hunkermunker » 04 Sep 2007, 12:31

I don't peel grapes, but I do chop them in half so they don't choke on them. Well, quarters - takes them longer to eat that way - how can one small boy eat so many GRAPES?!!

However, I did once "miss" that DS1 had a grape skin stuck to the roof of his mouth and he couldn't bfeed - he couldn't latch properly. Ow!
hunkermunker

Postby VanillaPickle » 04 Sep 2007, 13:46

I must admit that I don't bother to cut grapes in half anymore (haven't done for quite a while), and have certainly never peeled them. Having said that I've recently bought some 'black' grapes and can report back that those skins remain undead in nappies......
VanillaPickle

Postby hunkermunker » 04 Sep 2007, 14:18

Grapes (and cherry tomatoes) are a bit of a "thing" for me - I keep reading stories of toddlers choking to death on them (not a BLW-related choke, I hasten to add) :(

I'll probably still be chopping them in half when DS2 is 10! They're apparently the perfect size to get trapped in child's windpipe and their taut surface makes it nigh on impossible to retrieve them once stuck.
hunkermunker

Postby AB&M » 04 Sep 2007, 14:22

I don't think they'll be making an appearance at our table any time in the next year either but there are so many other fruits to give that its no big deal is it?
Spammer executioner & heads together basher

Claire

Bruno 6
Annie aka kitten 1
AB&M

Return to Random Thoughts