Meal planning app or spreadsheet

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Meal planning app or spreadsheet

Postby EnigmaFish » 25 Sep 2016, 12:06

I could've sworn I'd asked this before, but I can't find the thread now.
I want a program that I can add my recipes into, and create weekly meal plans. I want it to link in to a database listing what ingredients I have on hand, so that I can also easily create shopping lists. Ideally, I would like this to be an iPhone app which also has a PC platform or website.
I've started using one, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it. Setting this up is going to take a massive amount of work, and the one I'm using has no backup or data export feature. If the app were to become unusable, I would lose all my data.
If an app isn't possible, a spreadsheet would do.
LL, StJ, do I remember that you guys have something along these lines? Anyone else?
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Re: Meal planning app or spreadsheet

Postby LucyLastic » 26 Sep 2016, 09:52

Sorry, no spreadsheet or app here, I'm afraid. I did start a s/s for my recipes - I wanted to index my recipe books, cross-referencing book, page number, ingredients, types, time, difficulty, etc, but I realised it was a monumental and probably inachievable task, so I gave up. Although I guess I could start just entering those recipes that I've tried and liked. I know 'eat your books' has a searchable indexing service for recipe books, magazines and your own recipes, but you have to pay monthly for it, which I'm not prepared to do. If you find something, let me know?
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby EnigmaFish » 26 Sep 2016, 20:42

Ah, that must be what I'm remembering. I can imagine that would be a monumental task. I mostly use online recipes (or ones that I've had on my PC for years) and couldn't imagine the amount of work it would take to type all of that out!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 06 Oct 2016, 13:54

I use the website onetsp.com, but it has no app. Pepperplate?
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Return to Random Thoughts