Freedom!

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Freedom!

Postby LucyLastic » 13 Aug 2016, 10:15

For the first time since C was born, OH has taken her away for the night to go camping with his brother and his family. They've been gone an hour and I don't know what to do with myself! I've had breakfast and have got the Olympics replay on, but I don't want that to be my whole day, which it could quite easily become. I also don't want to spend the weekend tidying and cleaning. What would you do if you were free to do what you like at home from now until Sun evening? :D
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Freedom!

Postby Lily » 13 Aug 2016, 10:28

Gardening! Or sitting in the garden with a cuppa and enjoying the sunshine, anyway.

Reading the weekend papers.

Cooking and eating things your family don't like. Preferably at odd times of day.

Long baths.

I haven't had more than a handful of child-free hours since Bee was born. She starts nursery 2 days a week in September and I plan to engage in all of the above activities. (And do some work, obviously.)
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Cofa's Tree » 13 Aug 2016, 13:58

Oh I'm very jealous! I'd read a book without being interrupted, eat chocolate without having to share, have a pee with the door closed, starfish in bed, make a Spotify playlist of my favourite songs ever. Tomorrow I would stroll to the shops, buy a paper, a coffee and pastries, then go back to bed and waste time doing nothing like I used to! Have fun :)
Cofa's Tree

Postby ChristmasGift » 13 Aug 2016, 20:04

What did you do LL? I'd probably wander about aimlessly and wonder how it got to 9 o'clock without me having actually done anything!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby StJuniper » 13 Aug 2016, 20:52

Read, write, bath, long leisurely cups of tea, thrift store shopping, watching my TV show, sitting at a coffee shop, maybe a quick workout or run, visit with a friend...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby LucyLastic » 13 Aug 2016, 21:22

Aren't you at a wedding?! Forum addict!
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby lizandimo » 13 Aug 2016, 22:47

So jealous LL! I think I'd end up wasting it if I got a day to myself, maybe I should make a plan incase it ever happens! (is incase one word or two? Spellcheck doesn't like it as one, but it looks wrong to me as two words......)
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby EnigmaFish » 13 Aug 2016, 23:17

I'd probably do my tax returns! But it involves playing with Excel, so in my head it's not so bad. Also love the ideas of thrifting, drinking, reading... We have enough things lined up for you to do to spend a week on your own!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 14 Aug 2016, 04:45

LucyLastic wrote:Aren't you at a wedding?! Forum addict!

Hey, I still have to nurse! I sat in a tiny cupboard of a kitchen at one point while my husband guarded the door (dress wasn't nursing accessible at all so I had the shimmy it up around my armpits...)
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby LucyLastic » 14 Aug 2016, 12:45

In case, definitely two words :-)

So, yesterday, I did hardly anything. And it was brilliant. I don't drink coffee, so that was never going to happen. OH had taken my car and the town I live in is weird and hasn't got many actual shops. Loads of barbers shops, estate agents, pet shops, carpet shops and small supermarkets. It's an odd place. Anyway, I watched loads of Olympics, did some knitting and quite a bit of internetting. Today I've had the best bacon sandwiches for brunch (up too late to legitimately call it breakfast!) and am contemplating going for a walk with my headphones on so I can listen to a new audiobook. Or I could go out and lie on the hammock. Or have a go on C's trampoline! They're due home in a couple of hours and I can't wait to see my girl :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby lizandimo » 14 Aug 2016, 15:01

LucyLastic wrote:In case, definitely two words :-)

Good to know, thanks! (should have trusted spellcheck, but it always tries to correct my English spelling so I'm never quite sure)

Sounds like you've had a nice relaxing time, enjoy the last couple hours and seeing C again :)
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby EnigmaFish » 14 Aug 2016, 21:20

StJuniper wrote:
LucyLastic wrote:Aren't you at a wedding?! Forum addict!

Hey, I still have to nurse! I sat in a tiny cupboard of a kitchen at one point while my husband guarded the door (dress wasn't nursing accessible at all so I had the shimmy it up around my armpits...)

StJ, you posted a lovely picture of you and Tumbleweed in your wedding finery, and I'm ashamed to admit the first thing I thought is, "That doesn't look easy to breastfeed in". Honestly, I did think it was pretty... my practical brain just didn't go there, first.

LL, I think the nicest part of your weekend, to me, is where you said you woke up too late to call your brunch breakfast. Bliss...
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Return to Random Thoughts