Uncensored Facebook (August)

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Uncensored Facebook (August)

Postby sabrina fair » 11 Aug 2016, 20:22

Glad you made your night out qbm.

I get my hear cut every 18 months or so. At the moment it might even be longer than that because I'm enjoying growing it super long. At some point I'll get it cut into a layered bob and then start all over again. I also cut a fringe in myself when I get too bored and then grow it out almost immediately. So, anyway, that doesn't answer the question to EF of what she's considering...
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby EnigmaFish » 11 Aug 2016, 22:07

Okay, it's not that I actually have too many options... It's that I look at Pinterest and think, "Ooh, that's nice" for everything.
I have a voucher for the most expensive place in town, and I went in today to book an appointment. I told the hairdresser that I wanted something so easy to style I could do it on a camping trip. I'm not going camping - I'm just useless with electronic hair gadgets. She said, "Maybe we will just put some layers in your hair, so that it hangs nicely straight out of the shower, but you can blow-dry it if you want to."
This worries me. What part of what I said made her think I'd want to blow-dry it?

So then we talked colour, and I feel we were more on the same page. I said I was up for doing something unusual. She has suggested that we do a balayage, which is where you dye your hair so that it looks like you were too lazy to dye your hair for six months. She's going to do black on top with grey on the bottom, something like this, I guess.

And then she told me the price, and even factoring in my voucher, it's still going to be €80-90. :scream It's more than I've ever spent on a hairdresser, and I don't even know if I'm going to like the cut!
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby ches » 12 Aug 2016, 02:47

You linked to a survey on infant feeding!
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby qbm » 12 Aug 2016, 07:44

ches wrote:You linked to a survey on infant feeding!

Maybe she's... a spammer!!!!!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby EnigmaFish » 12 Aug 2016, 18:28

qbm wrote:
ches wrote:You linked to a survey on infant feeding!

Maybe she's... a spammer!!!!!

Oh ffs. I shouldn't do fancy links so late at night.

I've edited the original link, so if you click on it again it will show you the correct hair picture.
(The incorrect link was one a new poster - possibly a spammer - put in their post. Please, if you clicked on it, don't give out any information!)

This is the correct link:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 7a9840.jpg
EnigmaFish

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 12 Aug 2016, 22:29

EF - I love that hair colour!! I've got several versions saved in pinterest as I think it's just beautiful. My hair is too dark to get it light enough for the grey (I'm currently struggling to get "golden rose" to stick!). And I can't go dark round my face - I look awful, so I'd been looking at grey to dark.

Hair is sooooo tricky. Mine is high maintenance and, after a long chat with my lovely hairdresser last time, we're keeping it long. Even if it's short, it still takes a lot of faff to look nice, so keeping it long. At least then I can just tie it up and run! It needs to fit in with your life - like you say, you don't have time for the electronics - but occasionally, you might want to!! If it's a special treat to go to this salon, I'd throw caution to the wind as, as long as it's easy to look after at home, go for something wild! She'll know what she's doing! It will always grow out if it's not what you want!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby StJuniper » 13 Aug 2016, 02:32

Argh. So. My little brother is getting married tomorrow, and we're in Montreal with Tumbleweed. I love my brother and his fiancée and am just over the moon but YE GODS someday they are going to have a two-month-old baby and hopefully come apologize to us for the gruelling schedule they put us through. Both of us in the wedding party, helping make desserts, 6-hour road trip, helping set up the sound system, bringing a ton of dinnerware, two-freaking-hour-long ceremony, schlepping baby play pens and car seats all around the city... Tumbleweed is being a champ but understandably hates city traffic and has trouble sleeping in non-air-conditioned old chapels where it's not quiet and dark...

Luckily DH is taking next week off and we're just taking things easy then, or I honestly think I'd be a little teary right now.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby ches » 13 Aug 2016, 07:20

StJ: AARGH, but it'll be over soon.

EF: You sound like me re: hair, and, for what it's worth, I got a super discount deal for a salon so I got highlights. It made my hair feel like straw and I hated every minute of it. No way no how I'd do those half head highlights with long hair, and never ever would I spend a fraction of that much on hair. IMO, they reel you in with these "discounts" just to upsell you. I'd give or sell the voucher to someone who's into that sort of thing and go get a massage or buy a book.

Also, FWIW, I was swimming a lot 18mo ago and whacked all my hair off. Now that i have short hair, it takes 5 min to blow dry, and, after getting over myself (used to having long hair that does what it's told!) I also wash & air dry it and don't hate it. DH says I have "I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER" hair, but I want to speak to his manager.... :mona
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Treeb » 24 Aug 2016, 19:29

Ugh, PIL arriving tomorrow for a visit. They're lovely people and only staying for three nights, but I'm stressing myself out with the state of our house and all the cleaning I know I'll never get done in time. If only I didn't have to keep picking up the same toys again and again and again, I might actually get something done.

Also a bit stressed worrying about how anxious A is going to be with people she doesn't know, how much L is going to be acting up, etc. etc.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby StJuniper » 25 Aug 2016, 00:56

After a long and lousy day of being sick but having to deal with it and do a bunch of running around, I finally got the kids to bed and settled in for a much-needed hot bath. 20 minutes in, I heard the boys' door open, and Scout Kid (who is also sick, and overtired, and not really firing on all cylinders) burst into tears outside the bathroom door. After some pressing, he confessed he needed to use the toilet, so I told him to come in.

He did. With his pants down. Already peeing. He just stood in the doorway all squinty-eyed and teary peeing ALL THE HECK over the bathroom. For longer than I thought possible.

Man, people ask me if it's different having a girl and so far, no, but I am glad to know she'll only ever be able to make a puddle around her feet instead of drenching the bottom three feet of the bathroom wall.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby EnigmaFish » 26 Aug 2016, 13:46

Well, I am sitting in the hairdressers right now, and realised I never came back to thank you all for your advice. I did decide to scale it back: she's just cutting it and not bothering with the colour. I realised that there were other things I wanted to get with that money (a tattoo for instance - that's another thread). She's been great at giving me advice on which cut to get and telling me easy ways to style it. So, even for a €50 haircut, I've got my money's worth!
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 07 Sep 2016, 18:49

I am done fighting the login/kick out monsters. I can't be arsed anymore. I thought the site was being fixed but nothing has changed for me. I can't get a new login as I only have one email address.

Rant over.

I think little croc has been swindling us. She has been crap at bedtime for a good few months, lots of loud sobbing and calling us back. We've been really patient with her because she's not particularly clingy or whiny generally so figured this could be a phase of insecurity. Except tonight I actually touched her face and mentioned casually to her that I didn't feel any tears. She started laughing like a maniac. I think she hoodwinked us. Damn it.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby EnigmaFish » 08 Sep 2016, 23:18

You could sign up for a gmail account specifically to create a new login here. I've got lots of different gmail accounts for different things. It's handy enough pq you can just set the account to forward any messages to your main eddress. Write the password down somewhere safe and you'll never need to access it directly.

That said, is anyone else still experiencing problems logging in?
EnigmaFish

Postby StJuniper » 09 Sep 2016, 02:21

I still logout at least once a visit.

FB status: Holy post-pregnancy hair loss. I created a passably decent small rodent while brushing my hair today.
StJuniper

Postby Lily » 09 Sep 2016, 05:44

EnigmaFish wrote:That said, is anyone else still experiencing problems logging in?

I get logged out occasionally, but setting it to log me in automatically has helped a lot. Though tbh I'd rather not be logged in without entering my password.

More importantly, has anyone else noticed that new posters seem to be introducing themselves and then never posting again? No newbie questions, no replies to our welcome messages. I wonder if they're just getting kicked out of the system and not bothering to try again (as you wouldn't if you were new)?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts