15 minutes cleaning a day???

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: 15 minutes cleaning a day???

Postby Brigitte » 29 Jul 2016, 23:37

Hurray, I'm not the only one who has some very middle-of-the-road personality traits! My only strong Meyers-Briggs quality is T, and I generally also test as an E although not as strongly. The other two are neither here nor there for me.

Cleaning and tidying is my thing! I'm not too obsessive about it (usually) and I'm okay with letting things slide when I need to, but generally this is the one thing I feel pretty good about in my role as a housewife. And caring for the kids, obviously. Cooking not so much. Arrrrgh.
I love my kiddos! Two April girls (2011 and 2013) and a May boy (2016). I guess we have spring babies in this family.
Brigitte

Postby Kitcameron » 30 Jul 2016, 07:30

I'm terrible at keeping the house tidy and like Treeb just tend to float through life lol. I also find that having an untidy house starts to stress me after a while and DH definitely gets very anxious and irate when it gets too bad, not in terms of uncleanliness, just untidiness in his case, although he's also terrible at keeping anything tidy. Eg I asked him to clear the table for tea last night and he just shoved it all onto the bookcase instead of putting things away. It also makes me feel guilty cos I feel I should be on top if it as a stay at home mum with nothing but the kids to look after, hahaha. With CM starting nursery in September that'll give me a day to do more (although also planning some get fitte stuff in there too).

I've looked up fly lady and hoping to start following her plans, failed miserably yesterday as just lay on the sofa during the girls quiet/nap time so got nothing done but the basics. Consultant thinks I have endometriosis and AF has just come to visit so not in a good way ATM. Of course it started about an hour after I ordered a Zumba DVD to help dance the mum tum away.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby qbm » 30 Jul 2016, 08:09

Doesn't your house have to be really tidy to have a cleaner? It's the tidying of random crap that's lying around that's my problem, as opposed to the actual cleaning.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby sabrina fair » 30 Jul 2016, 20:40

qbm wrote:Doesn't your house have to be really tidy to have a cleaner? It's the tidying of random crap that's lying around that's my problem, as opposed to the actual cleaning.

This!!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby junglewonderland » 31 Jul 2016, 05:35

We had a cleaner for a year, a gift from MIL. It was the best present I'd ever had, but DH said it was the worst present he'd ever had, because he didn't trust them to be I'm our house alone, so we would all be stuck in one room for 2 hrs until the cleaner left!
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts