Thoughts on Moderating and Friendly Spammers

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Thoughts on Moderating and Friendly Spammers

Postby Cofa's Tree » 25 Jul 2016, 18:31

EnigmaFish wrote:Follow-on question/ policy: what about links? Delete them from new posters, with a note explaining why?

Yep, I think so - delete the link and add a note saying it's against the spirit of the forum?
Cofa's Tree

Postby emzit » 26 Jul 2016, 08:44

I think if people are posting links, it'll be easy to tell if they are genuine posters or spammers. In which case, go hard.

And I agree that your reply to someone who may or may not be a spammer was perfectly worded.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby StJuniper » 26 Jul 2016, 11:37

So, what about Susan McGee? She hasn't posted a single weaning related thing, it's all just recipes?
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby Treeb » 26 Jul 2016, 12:19

She did post one with a spammy link about a week ago StJ. I'm surprised she's still posting since usually people just spam-and-run.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 27 Jul 2016, 19:59

I'm a bit in two minds about her I must admit. On the one hand she isn't posting specifically regarding blw and has posted the one link, but could it be that she is just interested in certain parts of the forum, the recipe section mainly, and is trying to join in with discussions she's interested in. After all, blw is about giving our kids what we eat so sharing recipes for adults, unless alcoholic, isnt really against the spirit of blw. It may all just be a communication error. I haven't seen her post any more links since she was told not to. I would have thought there were better forums for her to use if she was just interested in sharing recipes but is she actually doing any harm, or are we likely to do more harm by speaking harshly to her in front of other members who may not understand why we are doing so. Maybe I'm being really naive, I don't know.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts