No-fuss party games

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

No-fuss party games

Postby EnigmaFish » 03 Jul 2016, 21:13

So, since Newt is a summer baby, we are going to attempt to have an outdoor party for her. It's going to be in the field next to our house in case the weather turns poor.
I need some ideas for 2-5 year olds for entertainment. There's no access to water (unless we carry it out ourselves) and no electricity. Ideally, it would be great if they could play without adult involvement.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Re: No-fuss party games

Postby mamapup » 03 Jul 2016, 22:13

We did two games at the puppy's party that involved very little adult supervision.

1. Treasure hunt: I hid a zillion pompoms around the place and told everyone to find at least two. Anyone who did could have a transfer tattoo and a silly mask.

2. I gave everyone an empty lunch box and told them to hunt for their lunch. This did require adult but not too much. I left various adults around the garden with the various food items and then told the kids to get on with it. We had bagels, carton juices, cucumbers, marshmallows and mini packs of biscuits. Went down very well.

If that's too much adult involvement, the other one my kids love is a string with hulahoops on it that is held by an adult at each end (or tied to chairs). The kids just have to eat all the hoolahoops without using their hands. Very entertaining for all.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Ali70 » 04 Jul 2016, 05:59

Similar to MPs no.1 we hid coloured balls around the garden then assigned each child a colour. They had to find all the balls of that colour and bring them back to my bucket. We ended up playing it 4 times they loved it so much.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby EnigmaFish » 04 Jul 2016, 07:10

Ooo I like both those ideas.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kanga » 04 Jul 2016, 10:04

We also did a treasure hunt and dh drew a spider web target & the children threw bean bags onto the numbers, but you coul put big hoops/buckets etc for them to throw bean bags/teddies into. Or hoops and other bits to jump in or over as an obstacle course.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby Ali70 » 04 Jul 2016, 10:20

Could you put a sandpit and/or paddling pool in the field with buckets, spades, cups etc in? We had both of those out and they played happily in them for ages. Made a nice break from them having to try and follow rules in organised games.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Return to Random Thoughts