Uncensored Facebook - July

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Uncensored Facebook - July

Postby lizandimo » 02 Jul 2016, 03:22

What an idiot. I've managed to let my face get majorly sunburnt. We've been out in the sun all day and I don't know why I didn't put extra sunscreen on. Even DD has got a tiny bit burnt on one side of her nose, and I'm even more annoyed about that. I should know better.
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Re: Uncensored Facebook - July

Postby ChristmasGift » 02 Jul 2016, 18:58

Not an idiot, it so easy to do - don't beat yourself up about it and I hope it's not too sore in the morning. No chance of sunburn in the UK at the moment - it won't stop raining!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby EnigmaFish » 05 Jul 2016, 17:34

We are just back from our annual trip to Italy, and I didn't look at Facebook once all week. Didn't miss it. Whenever I had internet, I was on here. You guys are much better.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 05 Jul 2016, 19:59

I'd be on here if my phone would allow me to log on ever.

Blinking children. They were playing in our room with their 18 year old cousin. The puppy came down with my, ahem, um, condom bag. They'd put a clock in there and were being silly with it. Luckily they hadn't asked what the condoms are. But now the bag is missing and there's a good possibility my very, very expensive pen is in there. I'd left it, along with a pile of papers, on the bed. Cousin moved everything but pen has completely disappeared. Damn it.

And the kids couldn't care less, of course.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 05 Jul 2016, 22:01

Mp check inside pillowcases, I found a dummy in mine!

Did 18 year old cousin have anything to say?!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby qbm » 24 Jul 2016, 17:02

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Without thinking it through I have eaten curry sauce from a snack van type place at a highland games event and it's dyed my braces fluorescent yellow. They're practically glowing! <wail>

Thankfully I have an appointment a week tomorrow but I genuinely am going to have to refrain from smiling for the next week. And I'll be talking through pursed lips. :(
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Ali70 » 24 Jul 2016, 17:45

Oh no QBM!

I've just spent an excruciating hour with Sproglet teaching the inlaws to sing The Farmer Wants A Wife at top volume in the back garden. Unfortunately in Sproglets version the farmer has already got lucky, and all three of them, within earshot of the neighbours were singing The Farmers In His Wife. And only DH had smutty enough minds to find this hilarious, no one else seemed to notice, so we had to stifle our childish sniggers until we got home.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby qbm » 24 Jul 2016, 18:14

That would have made me snigger too!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby sabrina fair » 24 Jul 2016, 18:39

qbm wrote:Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Without thinking it through I have eaten curry sauce from a snack van type place at a highland games event and it's dyed my braces fluorescent yellow. They're practically glowing! <wail>

Thankfully I have an appointment a week tomorrow but I genuinely am going to have to refrain from smiling for the next week. And I'll be talking through pursed lips. :(

I'm really sorry but I'm properly laughing at that! Sure you don't want to post a pic on Fb? No?

Go on...pleeeease!
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby qbm » 24 Jul 2016, 19:11

Nobody wants to see a close up of my mouth! :D

E heard OH trying to reassure me it wasn't that bad and asked me what was up. Her response when I showed her my braces? ...Why are your teeth green? Gotta love the honesty!

Thankfully I do actually see the funny side (might be less inclined to laugh if my next appointment were 5 weeks away though)!!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby StJuniper » 25 Jul 2016, 06:12

qbm, any chance it will fade a little? That's the sort of thing that's much funnier to read about than to live!

So, when I came home from my weekend away, one of the first things DH did was show me the new Wonder Woman trailer. Genuinely teared up watching it. My boys are just getting into playing superheroes; I'm so terribly glad there's a badass female superhero fronting her own movie right now that I can show them when they're asking about superheroes. So glad to overhear Scout Kid incorporating her into his games. I don't doubt there will be flaws in the film, but I'm so grateful right now for its awesome trailer that spares none of the epic fight scenes and high drama of your average superhero trailer.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby StJuniper » 25 Jul 2016, 06:24

This doesn't really need to be censored except I feel like such a geek for crying over a summer blockbuster trailer...
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby qbm » 25 Jul 2016, 08:04

StJuniper wrote:This doesn't really need to be censored except I feel like such a geek for crying over a summer blockbuster trailer...

:D Cry away - I teared up too and am genuinely excited about her not being a girl superhero but a superhero who happens to be a girl iykwim.

As for the braces, it hasn't faded yet. I think it was proper food dye as opposed to tumeric. I've had self-inflicted turmeric incidents before when I've forgotten not to use it and it fades fairly quickly. I had to hide our turmeric up high so that by the time I found it I'd be asking myself why on earth it was in such a random, inaccessible place. Then the penny would drop!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby emzit » 25 Jul 2016, 10:03

So pissed off with DH right now. Muncher has done a couple of nights where he's gone to sleep by himself and DH is keen to get him doing more. I'm not so bothered but I can see the benefit, so was willing to let him try. He does almost all muncher's bedtimes as squish still feeds to sleep. Muncher likes to have me take over bedtime if he's still awake when squish goes to sleep and DH asked that I stop because he has a habit of keeping himself up to wait for me. Again, willing to try.

So tonight was the first night muncher has asked since we agreed on that and I said no, and he is having a meltdown. He is properly sad and is sobbing upstairs. I had to peel him off me and he wouldn't give me a kiss goodnight because he was too busy begging. DH was sitting there looking at his goddamn phone while I tried to deal with it which infuriates me because he knows I would be happy to take over and I don't care that he waits up. He's little and I don't see the point in forcing the issue. But DH is making ME be the bad guy and it's not fair. If he's determined to do this he needs to step up. Bedtime is now ridiculously late (8pm already, neither anywhere near asleep, muncher still crying hard) and a battle which could have totally ben avoided. It's not worth the hassle. If I go up there before he's asleep I don't want to not go to him but if I do DH will be pissed.

I think muncher may have tried to bite him and I'm a little bit pleased.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby qbm » 25 Jul 2016, 13:23

Refuse to do it. It sounds unnecessary and unpleasant. :(
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Next

Return to Random Thoughts