Dear June

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Dear June

Postby Treeb » 15 Jun 2016, 14:08

Dear dh,

Since when do we let the three year old decide whether or not to have a tick check in the evening? I am not pleased that found a tick attached to him this morning, since this most likely could have been prevented if you had checked him at bedtime last night like you are supposed to! There really is no excuse. You know full well that we have a major tick problem in our yard. This is the third we've had attached to him, and numerous others have been found crawling on all of us. Even if he had had a check in the middle of the day like he told you (which he did not!) he still needs to be checked in the evening since we spent the majority of the afternoon outdoors.

- Your very annoyed wife and the official tick-puller-offer.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Re: Dear June

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 18:58

Can see why you'd be peed off. We don't really have them here but I had to remove from from the puppy when he was tiny and we were in France. Ugh.

What do you do when they live in your garden? Is there a spray or anything?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Treeb » 16 Jun 2016, 12:11

There isn't a spray as far as I know, and not sure if we'd use it or how effective it would be if there is. We've got woods wrapping around two sides of our property and tons of wildlife (squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, woodchuck, deer in the winter, neighbors have mentioned foxes, plus tons of birds including wild turkeys) so there are a lot of carriers for them and they'll pretty much be a fact of life here. We can cut back on them a bit by keeping the grass cut short, but if we're going into or near the woods at all there's not much we can do. So, daily tick checks it is.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby EnigmaFish » 16 Jun 2016, 21:30

Yep, there's not much you can do to prevent them if you're in the woods a lot. Daily checks is a good idea, and it's not really fair if your DH leaves them all to you, Treeb! Getting the buggers out is painful.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Return to Random Thoughts