Welcome to the fucky fours, puppy

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Welcome to the fucky fours, puppy

Postby EnigmaFish » 13 Jun 2016, 22:13

Happy birthday, puppy! We were hoping four would be better than three, but so far four is just three with a better vocabulary.
As regards the helmet, Kleintje had a major problem with hers pq she was worried I'd catch her neck in the clasps. She's much better with it once she learned to do the clasps herself.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Ali70 » 14 Jun 2016, 07:04

Lalalala. I'm not listening to this, you're a year ahead of me and this isn't what I want to hear about my future. But I hope you all managed to enjoy Puppy's birthday in the end.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby EnigmaFish » 14 Jun 2016, 22:19

Ali70 wrote:Lalalala. I'm not listening to this, you're a year ahead of me and this isn't what I want to hear about my future. But I hope you all managed to enjoy Puppy's birthday in the end.

Yeah, someone told me four would be better than three, and I listened to them, and now I have to live with my own disappointment. It's better you know now, Ali. :wink:
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Treeb » 14 Jun 2016, 22:33

The way my friend tells it, they just get worse and worse every year that passes. She seems to be viewing baby and toddlerhood through rose tinted glasses though.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby busmother » 15 Jun 2016, 09:42

I seem to remember 4 got much better. It was the point when I finally emerged from a life of chaos management to actually having a semi-tidy house, well-fed family, being able to do quite satisfying 'arty crarty' activities / expeditions etc. That was until we started major building works and having another baby and stress and chaos descended again.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby emzit » 15 Jun 2016, 09:44

Four definitely the worst for us. We got through without much terrible twos, which I put down to his signing and vicab and ability to communicate, three had its moments but just as he turned four was awful. He still pushes my buttons and winds me up at times but he is a lot better now.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 09:57

Yeah twos were ok here too and we assumed it was signing and early good speaking with both.
The more language they have though, the more they can argue and wind you up!

Well, the puppy is walking the mile to and from nursery every day with only minor whimpering and complaining. Yesterday I told him that at this rate he'll be climbing mountains and having adventures in a few years so he was pretty happy with himself.

Treeb, definetly sounds like some rose tinted specs to me.

Busmother, I feel as if we're finally getting out of chaos too and I really, really don't want to add another child to that!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts