Amuse me!

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Amuse me!

Postby Lily » 16 Jun 2016, 08:34

mamapup wrote:Who are those musical types of whom you speak, URF? Are they super exciting and we're heathens for not knowing?

Yes. Yes you are. Philistines!
I'm going for Nigel Kennedy as the lie. I can just picture Mark Elder doing a proper nasty look!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby mamapup » 16 Jun 2016, 10:18

Lily wrote:
mamapup wrote:Who are those musical types of whom you speak, URF? Are they super exciting and we're heathens for not knowing?

I'm going for Nigel Kennedy as the lie. I can just picture Mark Elder doing a proper nasty look!

Surely that fact that I've dined with Bernard Henri Levi (sort of) makes up for my lack of musical knowledge?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby busmother » 16 Jun 2016, 11:36

Are there really 2 people here who have met Bill Clinton???
No. At least, if so, neither of them is me. I do know someone with different shoe sizes, though. And I do actually have a gold medal in ballroom dancing. And I once went to a play with Sean Connery in the audience. Nobody watched the play.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 16 Jun 2016, 19:12

Lily wrote:

:scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream :scream

YOU DON'T KNOW???????????????????????????????????????????

Mark Elder - Former principle conductor of the English National Opera, now at the Halle Orchestra.
Simon Rattle - Unbelievably amazing conductor, formally of the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, now of the Berlin Philharmonic.
Nigel Kennedy - Incredible violinist. (Aston Villa supporter, but we'll brush over that!)

Get yourself onto Wiki. These 3 are gods in the classical music world!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 16 Jun 2016, 19:19

I know who Nigel Kennedy is, obviously but the other two, nope.

However, very sadly, I know Jo Cox's husband (for our non British friends, she's the British MP who was murdered today. The country is in shock). I don't know him well, we used to sit on the same working groups years back but still...
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 16 Jun 2016, 19:29

MP - it's horrific. I feel so desperately sad for her family.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby EnigmaFish » 16 Jun 2016, 21:24

I don't know any of the music people you referenced either, sorry!
I heard about Jo Cox today. I had never heard of her before today, but she sounds like she was an amazing person.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Jun 2016, 02:52

So so sad. Holding my little girls extra close tonight.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts