Amuse me!

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Amuse me!

Postby Kanga » 14 Jun 2016, 20:06

mamapup wrote:
UnhappyRightFoot wrote:MP. Have stalked your FB feed and discovered that your dhurata I'd a figment of your imagination! Nepal is perfectly plausible but I do like the idea of you having a part-life skelleton on your closet. Shall ponder further!!

I did 2 lies, 1 truth.

Anyone able to translate URF for me?

Unhappyrightfoot I think!
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby mamapup » 14 Jun 2016, 20:20

Ahha, my dh is a figment.

Good translating skills, emzit! (Kangaroo, nice try but wrong banana!) although she's still whittering on about skeletons for some reason too.

Sorry, mrC is very real, he just barely touches fb. If you sleuth he's definitely there. I probably just never changed any status to link us as its none of fb's damn business. Same way it doesn't know my birthday.

And yeah, emzit , you're right. I'm not an estate agent, funnily enough. Sorry, stj, Nepal is true.
I think urf has mentioned swimming before so that's the truth .
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Where'stheMistletoe » 14 Jun 2016, 20:45

Congratulations StJ! Sounds like it's going great :) .

I'm another one with Louise as a middle name just like half my class. I also have a really common first name that usually goes with Louise as a middle name, sigh.
Mummy to gorgeous wriggly baby boy (Jan 11) and beautiful baby girl (Oct 13)
Where'stheMistletoe

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 14 Jun 2016, 20:54

Hands up for crappy predictive text on my phone (and not double checking afterwards!!)

Yes, was talking about DH, Is, not I'd and past life, not part-life.

So now you have to spill the beans over HOW you got this person sacked!

Me??? Swim?????? Don't know where you've invented that one from!!!!!! I climbed Ben Nevis (THE MOUNTAIN) when I was 10. (shan't be doing it again!) And for those unfamiliar with our local language variances, Ben means mountain in Scotland so all their mountains are called Ben.........
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Lily » 15 Jun 2016, 07:59

Pie.

I am fluent in Yiddish.
I once dated a man almost 30 years older than me.
I know how to handle a samurai sword.

My middle name is Lily.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby busmother » 15 Jun 2016, 09:38

Lily, I want that to be the samurai sword!

I once met Bill Clinton
My feet are different sizes
I have a gold medal in ballroom dancing

It's quite fun thinking of the lies isn't it? Perhaps we should go with 4 lies and a truth.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby emzit » 15 Jun 2016, 09:48

How did both MP and I make up the swimming thing? There must be someone here who was a swimmer as a girl...

Lily's is hard! I'm going with the sugar daddy as the truth.

BM, I think Bill Clinton. Because that's quite a random lie to come up with.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 09:55

I met Bill Clinton once too - in fact, Hillary and Chelsea too. I went to uni with Chelsea though so that's not so weird. Busmother - same?

Lily, I reckon you know how to handle a samurai sword. That would be awesome. I bet you can speak Yiddish -why not, it's a cool language and I know quite a few people who can speak it so why not you too?

As for my story: well, hypothetical MrC and I were volunteering in an orphanage in Kathmandu. It turned out to be really shady. I talked a lot about it with another (long-term) volunteer there. He agreed with a lot of what I said. I then wrote a blog piece about it and mentioned that another volunteer could verify some of what I'd found out. I had the blog link in my email signature. Turns out that wasn't smart as the owner of the orphanage decided to read my blog after we'd already gone. This poor Spanish guy got the brunt of their anger. Whoops. He was pretty pissed off with me, and fairly I'd say. I'd never mentioned him by name but it was pretty clearly him I was speaking about.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby Lily » 15 Jun 2016, 13:06

I should have said, two of mine were true: the sugar daddy and the samurai sword. I like that everyone's guesses are different - obviously I'm not too predictable!

Oops mp.

Busmother, aren't everyone's feet different sizes? Or maybe yours are radically different. That would be an expensive problem to have.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 15 Jun 2016, 13:20

Most peoples feet are different sizes to some degree! So that's probably true!

Are there really 2 people here who have met Bill Clinton??? Or perhaps 3 (looking at you, Lily,and your sugar daddy!!!!!!)

I'm going with another 3 - 2 true, 1 lie .... All music related (as a muso in my former life)

I was once glared at by Sir Mark Elder during a rehearsal after dropping my bow at a really inopportune moment.
I turned up late for a rehearsal with Sir Simon Rattle because I'd been in the pub.
I was a stage hand for Nigel Kennedy and banged the door on his back as he walked on stage (by accident!)
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 19:00

I've met Tony Blair too. And told him off for having crappy policies. He was very, very sweaty and I was sitting next to him. Ugh.

mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 15 Jun 2016, 20:31

Anyone else you've sat by/met, MP??

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 20:43

Prince Charles. Oddly small fingers.

And my personal favourite, Bernard Henri Levy (although we were in the restaurant at the same time. I wasn't brave enough to remind him that I once went and spoke to him after a lecture).

Who are those musical types of whom you speak, URF? Are they super exciting and we're heathens for not knowing? What did you do previously?
Last edited by mamapup on 15 Jun 2016, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.

mamapup

Postby emzit » 15 Jun 2016, 21:42

I haven't heard of anyone URF said so I'm going with Sir Nigel Rattle as the lie as it's the most made up sounding name.

Another one from me - one truth, two lies.

Des O'Connor once tried to blackmail me.
I am a qualified magician's assistant.
I can hold my breath underwater for 3.5 minutes.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Kitcameron » 16 Jun 2016, 07:35

This is a great read when you can't be bothered parenting and are letting your kids run wild (not really, they're just playing)

I have no idea about anyone's truths and lies and so ill just make up three statements about myself and see what comes of yours lol. Also, I have Elizabeth as my middle name too so does SM. If you ignore the spelling I have the same first and middle as name as Kate Middleton.

Ok, I can't think of anything remotely interesting about myself. I've had crap sleep. No, I'm just really boring.

I've met JK Rowling and have a signed copy of Philosophers Stone
I've had a hug from Michael Palin
Will Young is my cousin

(2 truths, 1 lie)
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts