Amuse me!

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Amuse me!

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jun 2016, 03:09

So, I'm stuck under a nursing Tumbleweed all day and night and very quickly have run out of things to do on my phone. One can only refresh Facebook and Instagram so many times! I have some books on my Kindle, but I'm still in that zombie stage where steady reading pretty much just puts me to sleep. I need fluff to sustain me!

So. I'll take anything. Interesting things you read recently or pictures that made you laugh, mildly interesting anecdotes about what your children are up to, what you would say if this were an icebreaker and you were told to share one interesting fact about yourself. Which is really better, sweet breakfast or savoury? Have you seen any good movies lately?
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Re: Amuse me!

Postby Ali70 » 06 Jun 2016, 06:10

Oh bless you, I remember those days well. I offer you some ugly links for alternative scripts for Fireman Sam and Peppa Pig which might raise a smile.

http://theunmumsymum.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... t.html?m=1

http://theunmumsymum.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... t.html?m=1

I'll also share the thought that at an icebreaker at a work event last month when asked to name my favourite book, the best I could come up with was What The Ladybird Heard!

My interesting fact is that I have a Blue Peter badge.

And breakfast should always be savoury.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby Ali70 » 06 Jun 2016, 06:25

Ah, I've just realised you're in Canada so probably haven't heard of most of the things I've mentioned, sorry!

<Tries to think of Canada specific things> We've been twice and liked it a lot. I was sick on the Canadian train between Jasper and Vancouver. And Ontario made me sneeze a lot, I think the tree pollen gave me hay fever.
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jun 2016, 06:43

I'd never heard of Blue Peter, but I know and loathe Fireman Sam (luckily Scout Kid only watched it for a brief interval last year) and Peppa is the Feral Kid's favourite right now. I don't mind Peppa but still enjoyed reading the a alternate script :)
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 06 Jun 2016, 08:43

I know you like your music so have a giggle at this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 06 Jun 2016, 19:02

I can describe supper in the rascalpup pup household this evening:

MrC was making sushi while the kids and I got the new paddling pool up. It's far bigger than I realised when I bought it. Oops. Managed to put a teeny tiny bit of water in it.kids immediately got.in and got very wet,.fully clothed. Once they were soaked they decided to get naked for supper.

Naked sushi is a bad idea. Both decided to cover themselves in rice. I've never seen a penis covered in rice and seaweed before, nor a small girl trying to put rice over her vulva whilst emulating hee big brother. Sigh.

We decided to hose them down rather than let them in the rest of the house that ricey.

Other than that, um, savoury breakfast every time. Currently I'm enjoying a run of avocado, Greek yoghurt with mixed seeds. Yummy.

Hope things are going well. X
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 06 Jun 2016, 19:04

mamapup wrote:I can describe supper in the rascalpup pup household this evening:

MrC was making sushi while the kids and I got the new paddling pool up. It's far bigger than I realised when I bought it. Oops. Managed to put a teeny tiny bit of water in it.kids immediately got.in and got very wet,.fully clothed. Once they were soaked they decided to get naked for supper.

Naked sushi is a bad idea. Both decided to cover themselves in rice. I've never seen a penis covered in rice and seaweed before, nor a small girl trying to put rice over her vulva whilst emulating hee big brother. Sigh.

We decided to hose them down rather than let them in the rest of the house that ricey.

Other than that, um, savoury breakfast every time. Currently I'm enjoying a run of avocado, Greek yoghurt with mixed seeds. Yummy.

Hope things are going well. X

Well Doctor, it went like this............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby yorkshirepudding » 06 Jun 2016, 19:58

Oh god mp, that's an image!

StJ: Have I seen any movies at all lately? No. Other than trying to avoid Disney Pixar Cars on repeat.

I can tell you about the time I attempted to rescue a hedgehog if you like, it still makes me laugh. (Not sure if you have hedgehogs, they are like beavers with less tail/ teeth and more spikes.)
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jun 2016, 20:04

I do indeed know what a hedgehog is, although here they're only pets. Let's here the story, then!
StJuniper

Postby Cofa's Tree » 06 Jun 2016, 20:14

Sorry for the rubbish link, but Sketchy Muma on Facebook might pass a bit of time (and not too British, I think - I like the 'how could I have ever not known you' one).

https://www.facebook.com/sketchymuma/

Always savoury breakfast...I wonder if that's a cultural thing as that's 3 Brits saying savoury so far.

My ice breaker would be that one of these three things is true - either I was rescued by the Russian State Circus once when I broke down, I also have a Blue Peter badge, or I sang on a number one single...
Cofa's Tree

Postby mamapup » 06 Jun 2016, 20:17

Number one single, please.

I once saw a squirrel eating the contents of a condom.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jun 2016, 21:17

Vom. Talk about savoury breakfast...

I'm going to go with Russian State Circus because I feel like that's something you couldn't invent...
StJuniper

Postby StJuniper » 06 Jun 2016, 21:18

I feel like any part of the world that doesn't have maple syrup doesn't know what it's missing in terms of sweet breakfast.
StJuniper

Postby mamapup » 06 Jun 2016, 21:42

Maple syrup on pancakes and bacon is heaven, but I wouldn't want it every day. We had it two days in a row a few weeks back and it was amazing but very very dirty.

mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 06 Jun 2016, 21:49

It's a bit of a long one! Here goes...

Chapter 1: Driving back to the office I saw a hedgehog wandering down a busy road, so good ecologist that I am I stopped and picked it up, luckily equipped with a coat to grab it and a box to put it in. Back at the office I put the box in the quiet meeting room whilst I phoned round some vets to take it. Straight out again to a helpful vet, I handed over the box with my coat still in it, just as my phone rang. I was worried to see it was my boss, I hadn't actually told him where I was going although my line manager knew. Turns out he was ringing to tell me the bloody hedgehog was running joyfully around the office to the surprise of the volunteers who didn't know I'd brought it in. The vet quickly returned, handed back the box and told me "your coat is fine"!

Chapter 2: I got back to the office, collected the little beast restrained in another box, but obviously totally underestimated hedgehog superpowers. Half way back to the vets I looked across at the passenger seat and a hedgehog is scaling the seat vertically! By the time I stopped it had fallen off and rolled under the seat, resulting in an painful hedgehog extraction on my part as I didn't dare move the seat in case I squashed it. I think it was probably Absolutely Fine and totally pissed off about being kidnapped. The end.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Next

Return to Random Thoughts