My brother is here...

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

My brother is here...

Postby mamapup » 05 Jun 2016, 09:31

So I'm reverting to multiple posts on here to manage my frustration.

His wife has still not surfaced despite the rest of us being up since 6am.
He is expecting to do all his washing here for some reason but only on 30, not on anything else. Got stroppy when I made noises.
He and his wife make a mess everywhere, especially in the k room. Then they wonder off, two of them to do stuff that does not involve cleaning up. Can't even put butter in fridge or wipe off the blender when I specifically ask them to post making mush for their ten month old.
When I told them the lunch plan they complained it suitable for the ten month old and got cross when I suggested it was suitable. Even though they "feed their kids differently" I feel omelette and sweet potato chips is fine for a ten month old. I tried to respectfully point out this is first foods for a blw child so I suspect their kid can manage. He's conceded but is pretty pissed at me.

Seriously, they give their kids tiny little birdy pieces popped in to their mouths. What's wrong with them?

Oh, and he said he'd fix the puppy's bike but didn't manage so left it in pieces in shed for MrC to deal with.

Sorry. Needed to vent.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: My brother is here...

Postby Treeb » 05 Jun 2016, 09:55

Sorry it's so stressful! Hope you have some wine (or gin?) and chocolate to help you through. I don't get the complaining about lunch - does he expect you to serve everyone puree? It seems like it would be pretty normal to serve whatever you want to the group and expect him to sort out his own baby version.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby mamapup » 05 Jun 2016, 10:09

I think he was complaining because I suggested it was ten month old friendly!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 05 Jun 2016, 15:38

How long are they staying?!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby StJuniper » 05 Jun 2016, 16:33

We hung out with DH's cousin and her 13-month-old last weekend and they were feeding her tiny birdy pieces of food. I could barely watch! Felt so sorry for the kid.
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Postby pirate_han » 05 Jun 2016, 17:12

I hate watching the tiny birdy pieces feeding even more than I hate mush on spoons. Perfectly reasonable for you to offer lunch and then expect them to sort out their baby's portion, however they want to do it. I wouldn't dream of anything else. Hang in there mp!
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby mamapup » 05 Jun 2016, 22:14

Ah so that's not just them being insanely odd? I've never seen anyone else do that. It's awful. I just want to grab the kid and give her a plate of food.

Actually, this evening he offered her mashed sweet potatoes (he took a blender to roast sweet pots, weirdo) but she refused them and grabbed a bagel and ate that. I wish they'd notice how competent she is and just let her get on with it.

mamapup

Postby ches » 06 Jun 2016, 01:24

They are shit arses for not cleaning up after themselves, but what/how they are feeding their baby is standard and very normal over here. I think most puree feeders here would be aghast at giving a 10mo sweet potato chips.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Lily » 06 Jun 2016, 08:43

Yes, we had an otherwise sane friend visit and give her 10mo a pouch of puree while the rest of us ate homemade burgers and chips. What shocked me most was that the puree was described as spinach, pea and pear, and was actually about 60% pear and the rest peas with a homeopathic amount of spinach. I'm sure she was trying to give her kid healthy veg but she was effectively feeding her a fruit smoothie through a straw; I'm sure burger and chips made with organic potatoes and good steak mince is healthier for a growing child.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 06 Jun 2016, 09:17

It will all be over soon. It will all be over soon. It will all be over soon.

You have my deepest sympathies and understanding though. Crappy relatives! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby emzit » 06 Jun 2016, 09:53

Vent away! I struggle with purée feeding friends because it makes absolutely no sense to me. Most of my friends blw though which helps!

My niece is 10 months old too and she would devour omelette and chips quicker than my two. They're planning her first birthday party already and it's Very Hingry Caterpillar themed not because they like the book but because she's an eating machine. Apparently BIL wanted a Dyson theme.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Return to Random Thoughts