Sentences, June

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Sentences, June

Postby busmother » 12 Jun 2016, 20:39

Lunch with friends today. They'd been given a toy duck and sheep. 8-yr-old had called his duck 'Charles Duckins' (very precocious). So 5-yr-old has called her sheep 'Charles Sheepins'.
Mother to twin buses, born 2010, and number 3, born 2015
busmother

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 14 Jun 2016, 08:53

(setting the scene)

School is down a little lane. Towards the end of it is a large field, generally occupied by sheep. Occasionally, the owner lends the land to the local pony club.

We arrive one day to find that lots of jumps have been put up in the field for the pony club to enjoy the following weekend.

Munchie "Oh look mummy, they've put an assault course up for the sheep!"
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kitcameron » 14 Jun 2016, 19:08

Aww lovely..

On fastening SM into her car seat today she gave me a big cuddle (well as much as you can cuddle when strapped into a car seat) and a kiss and asked "Mummy, what would I do without you." Well what indeed SM lol.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby mamapup » 15 Jun 2016, 20:45

Love the sheep assault course.

Puppy today at nursery was asked by a member of staff if he'd ever been to nandos.
His response was, "oh yes, but it's a bit overrated!'

They could barely contain themselves when telling me about it.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby emzit » 15 Jun 2016, 21:35

That is gold MP!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby EnigmaFish » 15 Jun 2016, 21:50

We met two girls and their mother at the swimming pool yesterday. The older one was six, and told me, "sometimes, my mummy talks to grown-ups and just pretends that she likes them."
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Postby mamapup » 21 Jun 2016, 18:52

Weird one today: 'actually mummy, broccoli is quite delicious'.

(what? I mean, I love it but the puppy? Is this the getting older good bit? Tonight he willingly ate cauliflower, broccoli, tried katsu sauce and the other day he tried and liked fresh coriander)
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 21 Jun 2016, 20:08

Yay mp! We had a solstice feast last night and I gave the girls some fresh dill to try beforehand as it featured fairly heavily in our meal and it has a pretty strong taste. E exclaimed that it was delicious and then kept coming back for more. I'm not even sure I like it that much!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby mamapup » 22 Jun 2016, 08:27

what do you do for a solstice feast? that's a great idea. wish we'd thought of that.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 22 Jun 2016, 17:33

It was lovely actually. We made leaf and flower crowns which looked ace but were just a circle of card covered on leaves, daisies and buttercups. We made a little fire too. For the feast we had pickled herring with crème fraiche and chives, smoked salmon, new potatoes dressed in oil/white wine vinegar/dill/shallots, beetroot and apple salad with more crème fraiche and dill, mixed salad, crispbread and some hard cheese. Oh and strawberries and cream! Should also have had cider but only had wine. Sounds like hard work but it was really simple. Barring torrential rain, we eat it outside! Highly recommend. :D
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 22 Jun 2016, 18:57

Setting the scene (again!)

We're in the girls bedroom. I've stripped their beds and the mattresses are on their edges. Pickle has just got out the batch having complained of tummy ache.

"Mummy, my tummy hurts on the inside"
I feel it - it's distended
"I think you have some stuck wind, sweetpea"
"uh?"
"You have air in your tummy which needs to come out. You'll probably do some farts and feel better soon"
"Mummy, why is my bed like that?"
"I've washed your bedding and I'm airing the mattress"
"But I don't want any more air - it's hurting my tummy"

Then she started farting!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 22 Jun 2016, 19:02

qbm wrote:It was lovely actually. We made leaf and flower crowns which looked ace but were just a circle of card covered on leaves, daisies and buttercups. We made a little fire too. For the feast we had pickled herring with crème fraiche and chives, smoked salmon, new potatoes dressed in oil/white wine vinegar/dill/shallots, beetroot and apple salad with more crème fraiche and dill, mixed salad, crispbread and some hard cheese. Oh and strawberries and cream! Should also have had cider but only had wine. Sounds like hard work but it was really simple. Barring torrential rain, we eat it outside! Highly recommend. :D

QBM, sounds wonderful. Do you eat late late late? I think we'll have to do a solstice feast next year. Now I need to find a reason to do a late picnic with them this year. Maybe once the weather gets better though.

URF, haha.

mamapup

Postby qbm » 22 Jun 2016, 19:24

We ate at around the usual time (6ish) but only because it was a school night!

Surely a late picnic is enough of a reason in itself?!
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 22 Jun 2016, 19:53

Solstice?? Summer??? What summer?????????

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Treeb » 22 Jun 2016, 20:09

I love it when kids come out with something that shows they're just not quite understanding something you thought they knew about:

We were out for a walk one day and L said "look at that fast dark car that went by!"
Me: That's a Sheriff's car. A Sheriff is a leader of the police. Do you remember what police do?
L: They put people in jail!
Me: Why would they put someone in jail?
L: Because... If they did something rude... to God. :D

(Followed by a discussion of how laws/government are different from God, and other things that police can do like helping people in various ways.)
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts