Uncensored Facebook...April

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Uncensored Facebook...April

Postby Treeb » 02 May 2016, 00:57

Yuck, I hate mice in our house! I don't really want any pets, but I'm considering getting a cat just in hopes of it taking care of the mice.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby yorkshirepudding » 02 May 2016, 08:01

Sympathy Treeb! We have had mice and rats (!) in fil's house - he poisoned them, not a nice option either.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Lily » 02 May 2016, 08:04

Oh no Treeb! Cats are great for mice though - even if you have a ridiculous fraidy-cat like ours who would never go near a mouse, the mice don't nest in a place where they can scent a cat. We used to live in an old apartment block where ours was the only flat without mice, because they kept away from the cat.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Treeb » 02 May 2016, 13:47

Dh set up four traps in the basement last night. Two were triggered with no mouse caught, one licked clean without being triggered, and the fourth caught a mousie. We'll reset the traps tonight and hopefully catch any others that are hanging out down there. (Wouldn't mind them as much if they just stayed in the basement, but they've been finding their way into the k-room at night!)

Double ick for rats yp! We're definitely staying away from using poison though since we don't want the resulting rotting-mouse smells.

Treeb

Postby Treeb » 03 May 2016, 23:45

So beyond exhausted it's not even funny. It's only through some miracle that I made it through cooking dinner without sitting down on the floor and crying, and managed to eat my food without falling asleep with my face in my bowl. It is 7:45, A is on her way into bed, and I'm going to collapse in mind as soon as I get my jammies on. (But let's be real - this is just a nap and not actually "going to bed" since we all know she'll be awake again in another hour or two.) :cry

Treeb

Postby yorkshirepudding » 04 May 2016, 18:28

Hugs Treeb :(

Is it possible for you to put a mattress on the floor somewhere for just you and her? Do you think she'd sleep next to you or only in your arms?

Kind of nearly the weekend.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 04 May 2016, 18:48

She goes into her bed eventually, but only if/when she gets all her burps out. She'll be fast asleep in my arms but if there's any air in her tummy she just sits up as I try to lay her down. Usually then she is just on the edge of sleep/wake and I can jiggle the burp out of her, resettle her, and get her into her bed. The big problem is that I'm so tired to begin with I just fall asleep while she nurses and never even make it to the part where I'm trying to put her in her bed.

How's E been doing? She looks so big in your recent fb photos!

Treeb

Postby qbm » 04 May 2016, 18:55

((((Treeb)))) (My autocorrect keeps changing that to 'Fresh').

No advice, just hugs. That feeling of pure exhaustion and knowing that you can't have a proper sleep to catch up is horrible.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby yorkshirepudding » 04 May 2016, 20:54

That wind! :scream E is less windy now, still wakes several times a night and in our bed every night starting from any time between 11 and 3! Think wind does wake her but teeth have been her problem for the last forever. I can hardly ever get a burp out of her when she's asleep.

Ha ha, I have a 10 month check for her next week, haven't had her weighed since August so I'll be interested to see how 'big' she is, she seems dinky but chunky! Although I was holding back some 9-12 month clothes as I was deluding myself she would be too small for them, but they fit!

Hope you get some good sleep banked this weekend.
yorkshirepudding

Postby emzit » 07 May 2016, 11:03

I'm absolutely appalled by the advice I got from the pharmacist this morning - she told me I didn't need emergency contraception because breastfeeding covers me... I'm pretty sure the child I conceived while breastfeeding would argue with that. I tried to set her right but she was quite dismissive. Hate to think what consequences could be if other people took that dodgy advice.

Also annoyed she made me drag the experience out, felt like such a teenager.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby mamapup » 07 May 2016, 16:15

Emzit, lucky you that you need it! Sigh.

But that is awful advice, or lack thereof. I hate pharmacists generally as I hate that they think they have the right to lecture me every time I buy a child drug. It's none of their business how old my kids are even if I don't have the right aged child with me. Over the counter is over the counter.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby emzit » 08 May 2016, 06:39

I have complained to the chain's head office. I would hope most women with a child would know not to rely on breastfeeding but if they trust her and avoid taking it, that could be life changing.

And my status for today... Mother's Day. What a crock of fucking shit.
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Treeb » 09 May 2016, 01:38

Hope your day improved emzit or that you at least get a better day tomorrow!

Mother's day was certainly not amazing here and I didn't get the nap I was hoping for but we did go out for ice cream which was nice. It mostly just felt like any other day though.

Treeb

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts