Birthday blues

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Birthday blues

Postby mamapup » 09 Apr 2016, 07:16

It's my birthday and MrC hasn't remembered. Every year he upsets me by not saying anything until the evening but this year, because he's ill I bet he won't remember at all.

It sucks that he's ill but I don't think it's too much to expect him to actually fucking wish me a happy birthday. And because the kids are so small, they only do anything or say anything if he sorts it out. Awesome birthday.

Life sucks right now and I don't know why I care every year about my birthday but I do. I'm going to the doctor with him this morning and I need to stop being hurt so I can help him.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Re: Birthday blues

Postby Lily » 09 Apr 2016, 08:40

Oh mp that really does suck. You shouldn't have to remind him, even if he is sick. Can you take the kids somewhere fun later so at least the day is happy even if nobody remembers?

Hope the doc is useful.

Happy birthday!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby LucyLastic » 09 Apr 2016, 08:52

I'm sorry you're so p*ssed off, especially as it's your birthday.
I know I'd not say anything amd just be passive-aggressive all day until he either worked it our or until I just blurted it out then burst into tears. I think it's perfectly normal to be annoyed, ill or not. And to save your blood pressure, rather than do what I would do, I think you should say something.
But for what it's worth, happy birthday, mp - I hope you have a great year. I shall pop back later to join in giving you the bumps and for cake and wine x
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby qbm » 09 Apr 2016, 09:32

That's really crap mp.

Do you have time in the day to just say to the children, 'Hey, it's mummy's birthday today. Let's go and get some ice cream' and just take charge yourself? I know you shouldn't have to but fuck it, it's your day and before long the children will remember themselves and will want to do something to celebrate.

Sorry if that's a rubbish idea.

And happy birthday too x
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby emzit » 09 Apr 2016, 09:52

Hugs mp, that's really shitty. I remember you posting about it before. Sucks it's still happening.

I know MrC is sick but he should still at least be able to say happy birthday, even if he didn't manage to sort anything else out. It's not hard and it's not unreasonable to want him to acknowledge it earlier - it is your birthDAY after all, not your birthnight.

If it was me I would be all passive aggressive about it and take the kids out for a treat then stop by the shops on the way home for smarties and cake decorating items, make a cake with them and let them decorate it for you. They would love it and I bet the puppy especially would be super proud and excited to be setting up something for your birthday.

Hope you get some fun today. Happy birthday!
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby mamapup » 09 Apr 2016, 09:54

Ll, are we the same person? Although now you mention it, maybe my plan, as outlined by you, might need rethinking!

MJ, perfect. We have our nephew staying too so I'll take them all out for ice cream later. Great idea. Thanks.

Emzit, yes, that too. We will do it. Thank you all.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby lizandimo » 09 Apr 2016, 14:59

So sorry he forgot MP, it is really crappy. My Dh forgot last year and I waited til the next day and did exactly what LL said and felt like crap all day. This year I bought myself some presents and made my own cake, which I feel is unnecessary but at least I got to eat cake! It's totally reasonable to care about your birthday and totally reasonable to expect your Dh to. I hope your day has improved. I'm sending you a massive virtual slice of cake. It's got chocolate and wine in it. Oh, and Happy Birthday!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby mamapup » 09 Apr 2016, 15:38

We went for ice cream and to the play ground. It was cold but fun.

I told MrC how upset I was. He apologised, said he has a card and present for me he just forgot. (um, where are they then?)

It's OK I'm going for.mexjcan tonight so lots.of tequila coming my way.

And we have a possible diagnosis and treatment for MrC, which is such a relief.

mamapup

Postby Cofa's Tree » 09 Apr 2016, 16:15

Enjoy celebrating tonight! I'm glad you have a possible diagnosis and treatment, but being ill doesn't excuse forgetting your birthday, even if he wasn't able to sort anything out. You have every right to be upset but I hope the tequila helps. Happy birthday x
Cofa's Tree

Postby lizandimo » 09 Apr 2016, 16:37

Glad to hear there is a possible diagnosis and treatment for MrC.

Tequila sounds like an excellent plan!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby Lily » 09 Apr 2016, 17:28

Hope the present turned up. Enjoy the tequila!
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby H and K » 09 Apr 2016, 19:45

Happy Birthday MP, sorry it was a tough day but well done for making it the best you could x
Mum to 5 lovelies
H and K

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 09 Apr 2016, 20:29

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you're away with the fairies on tequila by now!

Pleased to hear a diagnosis is in the offing - whatever it may be, it's always better than not knowing.
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby yorkshirepudding » 09 Apr 2016, 20:49

Happy birthday! Well done on taking control and doing something good. Hope you had a fun night (but eurgh, tequila?).

My oh is nearly as crap, I always hope he will be better, then have a disappointing day. This year I think I might go to my mum's with the kids for a few days, don't think he'd realise the date which would make me a bit sad, but I would get a birthday!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby mindy » 09 Apr 2016, 22:01

Belated Happy Birthday MP, I'm glad you managed to salvage something of the day. Kids can be a real blessing sometimes! Hope the tequila is helping x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Next

Return to Random Thoughts