Dear... April

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Dear... April

Postby EnigmaFish » 05 Apr 2016, 21:56

Dear MIL,

I'm pleased you are going on holidays for three weeks. No, I didn't know about it. Yes, it would have been nice if DH had mentioned it to me. It would have been nice if you mentioned it as well. And saying, "Oh, I would have mentioned it to you if you'd been here [for Easter]" really doesn't work as an excuse.
I'm pleased to see that you are being as supportive as I expected, you poisonous old bat.
v1.0: Kleintje, born January 2012.
v2.0: Newt, born July 2014.
EnigmaFish

Re: Dear... April

Postby qbm » 06 Apr 2016, 11:57

Hideous old witch.

I've been wondering how you were getting on with that. Sorry she is behaving as expected but you can absolutely hold your head high. It is her and *not* you or your depression causing the problems.

((((()))))
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby Kitcameron » 23 Apr 2016, 06:54

Dear KHTF next door,

STOP BANGING ON MY KIDS WALLS! I can understand being woken up by a crying pre schooler gets frustrating after a while, trust me, I'm the one who gets up to her every night. But scaring the shit out of her won't help her sleep better. After this initial display of frustration we have tried to help you by swapping their rooms so she's now next to lovely neighbour not you. Repeatedly banging on the wall will only result in you waking her sister up, who is now next to you, and adding her noise to the cacophony. Yes, I realise a Saturday morning is not the best time to be woken at 6am, I wasn't right happy about it either, but I was with CM and she was starting to settle back to sleep when you banged on her wall and woke her back up again. If you won't let me help her settle back to sleep at 6am and teach her to self settle (which she normally does tbf) we'll all end up with another SM, ie a child who shouts in the night because she knows Mummy has to go through to her to avoid annoying the KHTF next door.

And another thing, banging on the wall at 6.30 PM??? Bath time is not an antisocial hour. Get a life, and some earplugs.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby EnigmaFish » 23 Apr 2016, 11:47

Ergh, wall bangers. What the hell is it meant to achieve anyway? Everyone is noisy at some point, so put up with your neighbour's noisiness and remember that it's going to be your turn sometime.
EnigmaFish

Postby Treeb » 28 Apr 2016, 18:45

Dear Facebook friend/former co-worker,

The point of social media is NOT to just "like" every single random thing anyone ever posts! You are driving me nuts "liking" every stupid photo I post on Facebook or Instagram when I know for a fact that you have zero interest in most of it. You seem to have the word "like" confused with "this showed up on my news feed and I briefly glanced at it." Please just stop.

- Annoyed person you once worked with and probably hardly remember because we weren't even friends.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby emzit » 28 Apr 2016, 20:26

Sounds like it's time to unfriend treeb...
mini muncher 8/11
little squish 3/14
emzit

Postby Treeb » 28 Apr 2016, 20:37

I did think of that emzit, but the problem is Instagram since I think the only way to stop her from following me and liking things would be to make my whole account private, which I don't really want to do. So I guess I just have to accept it/ignore it.
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby pirate_han » 02 May 2016, 15:15

Dear DH,

It really does fuck me off that when I suggest something you don't like the idea of, you shut down the conversation completely without discussing it like an adult. Grow up.
B - March 12
A - January 15
pirate_han

Postby EnigmaFish » 02 May 2016, 22:08

pirate_han wrote:Dear DH,

It really does fuck me off that when I suggest something you don't like the idea of, you shut down the conversation completely without discussing it like an adult. Grow up.

I do that, or something very similar. :?
I'm finding it increasingly hard to navigate having an adult conversation in which people sometimes disagree but listen to each other's views. It's not me and it's not DH. It's the constant stream of needy interruptions from the small folk that put me off. I can't keep hold of my thoughts.
Sorry, p_h, that's probably not helpful.
EnigmaFish

Return to Random Thoughts