Name labels

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Name labels

Postby LucyLastic » 13 Mar 2016, 12:23

Am contemplating buying some school uniform in the M&S sale (we basically live across the road from our first choice school so am pretty much gambling on C going there) and it occurred to me that I may need to label her clothes. Any pearls of wisdom in this arena? Iron on vs sew in? How many might I need? How 'much' uniform do your LOs have? 5 blouses? (Why do they put 4 year olds in a blouse and tie???) Two pinafores and two skirts (more growing room than trousers?) Thanks in advance.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Name labels

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 13 Mar 2016, 13:27

I've used My Name Tags which are iron on and stickers. I wash and tumble dry or radiator dry their clothes and the iron ons have lasted really well. I don't think I've replaced any in 18 months. You can also choose from a huge range of designs so can personalise them for C.

I have also tried Simply Stuck. Stickers were good, iron on labels were dreadful. I found using the stickers in clothes worked better than the iron on!!! But I would avoid these as My Name Tags are so good!

As for uniform, Munchie has 5 tops/blouses, 3 winter and 2 summer dresses. 2 cardigans. I will probably up the summer dresses to 3 and cardi's to 3 as well as she can be a messy eater so it's sometimes a bit of a panic wash! No tie, but unfortunately, a blazer!!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby Kanga » 13 Mar 2016, 16:46

I use these and have never had any problems with them. I also use their stick on labels for water bottles/bags/lunch box etc.
Mummy to 2 gorgeous munchkins who are trying to eat us out of house & home! Dd A born July 08 and ds J born June 12. V3 due October 2014.

Also selling handmade gifts etc at http://www.alittleroar.com
Kanga

Postby catkin » 13 Mar 2016, 21:21

I do sew in labels for easily lost things like jumpers and hats, and write on the labels with a permanent pen for everything else. Got some pre-printed plastic labels for lunch boxes and such, small ones so can also stick on stationery or random show and tell things as required.
Mum to Mouse b May 2009 & Little Hamster b Feb 2012.
catkin

Return to Random Thoughts