Help me feel better about today...

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Help me feel better about today...

Postby StJuniper » 09 Mar 2016, 13:33

...by telling me what shenanigans your offspring are getting up to.

My kids, giggling like maniacs;m: "Come see what we did, Mummy!" Lead me to their room and proudly show me how they've emptied all their clothes out of the drawers into a big heap on the floor. Uh, is this the part where you somehow expected me to tell you that's nice? How about instead you clean up because I spent alllllll dang day yesterday washing and folding laundry? How about THAT?
Mama to two boys, the Scout Kid P, 02/26/12 and the Feral Kid R 12/15/13, and one little Tumbleweed girl, 05/27/16.
StJuniper

Re: Help me feel better about today...

Postby Ali70 » 09 Mar 2016, 14:45

I love how they can so totally misjudge how thrilled you're going to be with their "achievements"!

I just got an email at work from my mum which made me laugh and cringe in equal measure "when I got Sproglet up from her nap she told me that she had found something in her bed but she didn’t know what it was. I told her I would find it and see what it was, she said it didn’t matter as she had eaten it!"

They can be such disgusting creatures!
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby lizandimo » 09 Mar 2016, 16:02

Putting away laundry is the worst, let alone having to do it twice!

I'm guessing you maybe could have done with not knowing about that Ali?!

While I was making breakfast, DD got hold of my brand new concealer and smushed it all into the lid and all over her face. It was still in the plastic shrink wrap which I kind of assumed was child proof but apparently not!
DD - Nov '12
lizandimo

Postby mamapup » 09 Mar 2016, 16:31

Oh dear. Not today but two days ago the puppy went to bed sobbing. He'd hurt his lip quite badly at nursery so hadn't wanted little Croc playing on his face. I told her his face was delicate and she had to leave it alone. He then took to his bed sobbing that he was all delicate and couldn't be touched.

Heartbreaking but also proper little drama lover, my boy.
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Kitcameron » 09 Mar 2016, 18:04

SM often says she's feeling delicate or fragile, think we say it to her when she's whinging lol.

SM was sat in her potty yesterday and shouted "Mummy what's this on my finger?" "That would be poo, how did it get there?" She was adamant it wasn't but it as. Gross gross gross gross gross.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby sabrina fair » 09 Mar 2016, 19:57

The other day the boys were taking a bath and I was distracted cleaning the basin. I hear squidge say "what dat mummy" and holding something on his hand. I'm sure I don't need to tell you all what 'dat' was, particularly after KC's post above.
Mum to monkeyboy (Spring 2011) and squidge (August 2013)
sabrina fair

Postby yorkshirepudding » 09 Mar 2016, 21:25

This could quickly turn into a gross poo thread!
Moo's contribution: "I need to wash my hand." Because you've been scratching your bum and it has poo on. Eurgh, children. At least he told me!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby junglewonderland » 10 Mar 2016, 05:07

We went to a birthday party at a park on Monday. There was a pond with a bridge over it. As we walked over the bridge, someone coming the other direction dropped a tub of Vaseline. As I looked to see who might have dropped it, Koala hurled it into the pond! What a punk! Destroying someone else's stuff and giving the water birds something to choke on at the same time. Not impressed. We were so cross.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby mamapup » 10 Mar 2016, 06:47

Sorry that made me laugh.
Little punk indeed. X
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby Lily » 10 Mar 2016, 08:49

In a tone of great triumph, as if this were the best joke ever:
"Do you know what Marie [his key person] found when we were getting changed after forest school? Only one mitten!"
So you're telling me you managed to lose one of your expensive waterproof mittens, that was supposed to fit you for two more winters? It fell off in a wood somewhere, and you walked back to nursery without noticing, despite the freezing rain? And now you're relating this as an amusing anecdote?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Return to Random Thoughts