Poorly C - tummy ache

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Poorly C - tummy ache

Postby LucyLastic » 10 Feb 2016, 23:26

C has been under the weather off and on since Christmas, snotty nose, a bit of a cough, the usual for a 3 year old at nursery. Just before the weekend, she started complaining of tummy ache. She was fine in herself. No vomiting, no diarrhoea, just every so often, she complains of having tummy ache. She was off her food and had a few temperature spikes on Monday so I dosed her up with Calpol and kept an eye on her, then yesterday, she complained of having a sore throat - I had a look and could see huge lumps either side of her throat. I got an appointment yesterday afternoon with the GP to whom I explained all of this. He had eyes that glazed over with a 'get to the point' look, had a look down her throat, said he could do a swab, but it would probably take 2 to 3 days to get a result so he would prescribe antibiotics. Fine, she has erythromycin, so if it is bacterial tonsillitis, hopefully it will be in the process of making her better. However, tonight, she has gone to bed long before she normally would, understandable seeing as she is ill, but she has woken up 3 or 4 times, complaining of stomach ache again. When I ask her where it hurts, she says 'my belly button' but she falls asleep again pretty much immediately. Still no upset tummy or vomiting. Might it be that she has swallowed something which is giving her discomfort? Does anyone know how that might manifest itself? Any other ideas?
I've actually got a GP appointment in the morning for me, so I will take her along to it instead and get them to have a poke and a prod of her tummy,
Sorry for the outpouring. This place is my support network for my concerns about C when she's poorly. Why is it always at night that she seems worse? :-(
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Re: Poorly C - tummy ache

Postby ches » 10 Feb 2016, 23:55

At her age, a tummy ache could really be anything, referred pain, pain not in her tummy, but that's the only word she knows, etc. Sounds like tonsillitis, and if she's not vomiting or having the trots, hopefully that's all it is. Is anything coming out the bottom? My BFF's DD had appendicitis at 5, and she was vomiting.
BLPT Guidelines thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4477&p=48324
ches

Postby Cofa's Tree » 11 Feb 2016, 07:24

Hope she's a bit better LL or the doc can help.
Cofa's Tree

Postby Lily » 11 Feb 2016, 08:27

Hope the GP has something helpful to say. We've all had the same succession of bugs for the past few weeks; Izbiz has also complained intermittently of tummy ache, and I've had tummy ache too. The same as C, no gastric symptoms, just aching. I'm putting it down to the same virus that's making us snotty and chesty.
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby mamapup » 11 Feb 2016, 08:48

Us too but manifesting as heavy indigestion. All miserable here too.

Wishing all better soon
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 11 Feb 2016, 09:44

Hope C is feeling a bit better and the GP can offer some answers for you. x
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby LucyLastic » 11 Feb 2016, 15:38

C has been snotty and chesty for a few weeks, on and off. I had an appt with the GP so took her along and asked about the tummy ache - she told me it could be anything or nothing and told me to monitor input and output. She woke at 7 this morning (usually 9) and is full of beans but quite tearful if she doesn't get her own way, which is quite out of character for her. Obviously, I'm not glad that your kids are ill. But I am reassured that it is obviously a 'thing' doing the rounds. Thanks for the replies.
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Return to Random Thoughts