Uncensored Facebook, January

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Uncensored Facebook, January

Postby LucyLastic » 28 Jan 2016, 14:52

Ouch, Ali :-/ Hope you mend soon. Luckily, you have Dr Sproglet to keep an eye on you. Good luck with that!
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby junglewonderland » 28 Jan 2016, 16:41

Oh no, Ali! I think sproglet is about to get very independent by necessity.
Mama to Feb boys, Koala (2012) and Taz (2015).
junglewonderland

Postby mamapup » 28 Jan 2016, 16:44

So sorry Ali, hope you're not in too much pain. Good luck with your doctor. Xx
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby ChristmasGift » 28 Jan 2016, 19:06

Ouch Ali. Hope it heals quickly!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 Jan 2016, 21:48

Ali - I broke my elbow (twice) when I was 5. After it was out of plaster, my mum made sure I kept straightening it to ensure mobilty, but didn't think to make me bend it, so I ended up not being able to touch my shoulder. (It did make me stop sucking my thumb - every cloud!) So just ensure you do gentle straightening and bending exercises to ensure you keep full movement.

Hope it's not to painful x
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 28 Jan 2016, 21:53

HappyFeet is having a bit of a low time at the moment (my whinge is still stuck in kroomsville since the weekend). I'm trying to shake myself out of it but am feeling incredibly tired and blue. It didn't help that a friend on the school run asked what I was doing today - not much as I was so tired - and she quipped that she'd love to have an excuse to not do much, and waltzed off. I know she didn't mean anything by it but it's just made me feel so bloody miserable. It's so unthinking. I'd give anything to be rushed off my feet. I did the hoovering in a grump, and now my neck is really sore.

Meh!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby yorkshirepudding » 28 Jan 2016, 22:14

(((HF))) that is such a thoughtless thing to say, she obviously wouldn't give 'anything' to be in your situation, if only she'd thought that through a bit! Hope your fairies have cheered you up by now. And sod the hoovering! I bet it is really frustrating not being able to do all you want to, could you use the time when you would normally be physically v busy to do some jobs that require sitting down, like online research/ sorting photos etc when you feel able to do something rather than knackering yourself? And have you got nice things to do when you do need to sit down? Hope you are allowed wine/ chocolate!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby LucyLastic » 28 Jan 2016, 22:47

I recommend hoovering to the strains of Alanis Morrissette's 'Jagged Little Pill'. It won't necessarily cheer you up (not the cheeriest album in the world) but you can do some proper shouting along.
I'm sorry you're friend upset you by her thoughtlessness. People will be people and are usually wrapped up in themselves. It's not an intentionally bad thing and we're all guilty of it. But that's of no consolation when you're already down.
I gave blood, btw. And have booked to go again in May, thanks to you :-)
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 29 Jan 2016, 13:54

LucyLastic wrote:I gave blood, btw. And have booked to go again in May, thanks to you :-)

Whoop whoop!! Well done and thank you! Hope it was ok and you enjoyed your tea!

Girls have been a bit of a pain recently - mixture of stress over the mummy hospital thing (lots of accidents from Pickle), daddy working a lot, mummy being useless and so relying on the TV for entertainment so they're getting bored. Also having continuous shouty horrible battles over putting toys and general paraphinalia away! Munchie has also been told off at school by several teachers for not listening. We had a chat yesterday and she said that nothing is really worrying her so we discussed the importance of listening and learning at school. We then had a lovely evening so hopefully we have turned a corner. It's all just been crap at home and that's probably spilled over into school. We have parents evening on Wednesday so I think it will be a bit mixed!

Pickle has been at home all day today - first time since before the start of term, and has been lovely. We've chased around each other, watched stick man, done some word and number puzzles and we're now snuggled on the sofa with a bit of cbeebies! (I'm "working" - in and around a bit of social media/iodine free diet research!)

On the plus side, I made a lemon drizzle cake. And it tastes good!!!!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 29 Jan 2016, 13:56

Glad things look as.id they've turned a corner. And yum, cake! I assume it's one you can eat?
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

mamapup

Postby yorkshirepudding » 30 Jan 2016, 17:33

YP should really learn that no man in oh's family has any realistic sense of time, and that fil promising to have tea ready in time for Moo ("it doesn't take long"!) was never going to happen. Now had to give Moo his portion of another meal I made this morning that was supposed to be for next week, grrr. Maybe he can have fil's bit next week. Think it might be ready approximately an hour after I said, just in time for bath time, very helpful.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby mindy » 30 Jan 2016, 23:04

Grrr, YP!

HappyFeet, your last post made me smile, glad you had a lovely day together, makes up for some of the rubbish you've been going through x x
Two adorable, headstrong daughters: Roo born Sept 2008, Min born April 2011, and small boy who arrived Summer 2015
mindy

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 30 Jan 2016, 23:14

mamapup wrote:Glad things look as.id they've turned a corner. And yum, cake! I assume it's one you can eat?

Not on "the diet" yet - still waiting for info and date. So the cake eating is continuing!

UnhappyRightFoot

Postby mamapup » 31 Jan 2016, 18:44

OK who replaced my perfect girl with a screeching mess of frustration and strop? Today she informed me that "me not like mummy, me only like daddy". Nice.

mamapup

Postby Treeb » 31 Jan 2016, 19:26

Oh dear mp. Hitting the terrible twos a bit early?
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts