Uncensored Facebook, January

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: Uncensored Facebook, January

Postby LucyLastic » 23 Jan 2016, 00:08

Ali70 wrote:"struck lucky"

This made me snigger :-D
Mummy to C (May 2012)
LucyLastic

Postby qbm » 23 Jan 2016, 07:16

:D Ali

Madeca laugh out loud and reminded me that many, many, many years ago our pet rat did the same to OH. I too laughed. Lots.
E - Aug 11
M - Feb 14
qbm

Postby wacky12 » 25 Jan 2016, 11:04

Putting it here as well as on the PMM thread...

Wackyboy has been offered a place as a chorister in Kings' College for 2017 and a place in Y3 there as well for sept. Not telling anyone yet, and we haven't 'officially decided' - he's also been offered a choristership at Ely Cathedral as well... and we have to let his current school (Ely) know soon whether he's staying there or leaving at the end of the year and moving on to juniors.

But we think it will be King's college... have to get the letter yet, so will be waiting til then to let people know...
wacky12

Postby ChristmasGift » 25 Jan 2016, 19:56

Yay! Well done Wackboy! A reason to be proud indeed!
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby Kitcameron » 26 Jan 2016, 17:06

Ok, I'm not understanding why, when we have a no telly at dinner time rule, that as soon as I come upstairs to the loo I can hear Paw Patrol, especially as the kids can't work the telly. Maybe we should have a Mummy is not allowed to leave the table until everyone else has rule too. Os. Know the kids are still eating as DH has just given them pudding.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby wacky12 » 26 Jan 2016, 20:41

We are going to go with Kings' College. Wackyboy said yes, then had a wobble about leaving his current school. We pointed out it's not until sept. and he'll have all summer to see his friends as always and we will make sure to keep in touch once he starts at the new school. Rock on 1 year of expensive tuition...

Above decision helped by today's screw-up at the school. I pick up son most of the time from school. only twice this year have we had anyone else booked to do so. Both times the school has screwed up. First time, he was at golf til 4:30, at the sports hall on another campus. We'd called that morning and asked that he be taken to 'late stay' and that a friend with kids at the school would pick him up at 4:40 after the dance club was done. Head emailed me to say that it wasn't possible, but he hadn't been told someone other than me was picking him up, he'd only been asked ot bring son back to the school. I had been running around all day sorting out the car (had broken down) and hadn't seen the email.

I ended up needing a ride, so was at the school waiting for him to show up, when i saw the head who had no idea where my son was. We were leaving to go to the sports hall when a 3rd mother pulled up with him in her car. No idea she had been given him, she'd offered to take him as he was hte last one at golf. If we'd left a minute eariler, we'd have missed him and arrived to a completely deserted sports hall. The member of staff running the golf is the principal's husband. He knew better than to let someone that he knew didn't have permission to take a child off his hands but wanted to bugger off. The head's PA called me at 5:30 to find out if I had son with me. Trust me, if he wasn't with me 50 minutes after a friend was supposed to bring him home, I wouldn't be answering the home phone, I'd be in your office raising bloody hell.

Today we were having some of his school friends over for pizza and a dvd, and one of the kid's au pairs had offered to pick up other kids as well, so she was supposed to bring son with her. the kid showed up without him. He had been told to go to walking gate to wait for me and not cargate with his friend. No call when I didn't show up, they put him in late stay and just waited for someone to come and get him. We'd written in his diary that he was to come home with the friend, they didn't check them today. I had also called at 3:20 to confirm that he would leave with his friend and was told that she would make sure it would happen. I had to go get him and bring him home then run back into town for hte pizza instead of setting up the rest of the stuff for the kids. he was the last one home for his own party.
wacky12

Postby mamapup » 26 Jan 2016, 20:48

Argh. Nightmare. But good decision then!
In my heart I am Rascalpup, a name awarded during battle with one persistent spammer. I like to think ironside but with sarcasm rather than an axe.

Slightly horrified by my huge number of posts.

One puppy June 2012 and one little croc March 2014
mamapup

Postby wacky12 » 26 Jan 2016, 21:10

mamapup wrote:Argh. Nightmare. But good decision then!

Yup. Honestly, though, screw up once, then again with the same family, less than 2 months apart? I pick up other kids all the time, and dont' miss out leaving one behind. the Au Pair is Spanish and didn't know to check with the school when the kid said my son was't coming along with her. I don't blame her - the kid thought son was goign to his club today but he wasn't.
wacky12

Postby UnhappyRightFoot » 26 Jan 2016, 22:09

Well done wackyboy! That is awesome!!! Current school is not!
Mummy to my two miracle baby girls - The Thunder Fairies. Munchie born May 2010 and Ickle Pickle born July 2012.

The one who struggles, hasn't quit.
UnhappyRightFoot

Postby wacky12 » 27 Jan 2016, 06:17

Yup. We told him after the party and his choir rehearsal. He was very excited for a tired 7 year old, then had a wobble about leaving his friends. We've reassured him we will make the effort to stay in touch with them, and that nothing will change until sept. anyway.

his teacher called to apologise and give some 'we lacked the resources to check the diaries today' BS. It takes less than 5 minutes to check 14 diaries. I dont' care what the reason is, esp. as I'd called to check that he would be picked up by the designated person.
wacky12

Postby wacky12 » 27 Jan 2016, 09:51

Hubby emailed the Junior school this morning to tell them we weren't taking up the place for WB.

The director of music at the cathedral just emailed to congratulate WB. Quite the gentleman. Not everyone would be so gracious.
wacky12

Postby Ali70 » 28 Jan 2016, 08:37

Not the best of days yesterday. Came in from work, fell down the back doorstep and fractured my elbow and foot! Fear not though, Dr Sproglet is on the case, I've been given her toy panda to make me better and helpful tips like "you should be careful on the stairs mummy" and "why your other foot not broken? (with a disappointed look that I haven't done it properly and broke every bone in my body!)

I'm starting to realise exactly how useful working arms and legs are. This is going to be a nightmare!
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

Postby yorkshirepudding » 28 Jan 2016, 09:00

Oh no Ali! Hope you have help other than Soroglet for the next few weeks! And hope it doesn't hurt too much.
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Lily » 28 Jan 2016, 13:00

Oh no Ali! Am racking my brains for handy hints from when Izbiz broke his elbow last summer, but I think the lifestyle requirements of a 3yo are quite different from ours. Are you in plaster casts?
Izbiz, May 2012
Bee, April 2015
Lily

Postby Ali70 » 28 Jan 2016, 14:28

not at the moment Lily, hoping it can be managed with a sling and a boot thing. plaster is a whole other layer of nightmare!
Sproglet born April 2013
Ali70

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts