The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby ChristmasGift » 13 Jul 2016, 18:28

((KC)) so sorry you @rse of a neighbour is making an already difficult situation even harder :(. First breath. This is a phase and it will pass. Sorry, haven't read all the back posts but does she fall back to sleep easily when you feed her? I've always gone for path of least resistance so if she does, it your situation I'd carry on night feeding for a few weeks to regroup and then try again. We literally had two nights when she grumbled a bit (no screaming) and that was it. Does CM ever go to sleep without a feed?
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby Kitcameron » 13 Jul 2016, 18:40

She s done odd couple of times with DH once and his mum once, but that's it's.

In the night she goes back to sleep quite quickly with a feed, that's why i have just given in and let her feed cos I know if I dont the neighbours son will start banging on the wall and then she doesn't want me to leave her, surprise surprise. It just feels to be getting worse and worse. It's just been once a night the past couple of nights or so which I can cope with, and then several times for her sister but hey. It's just with her now not settling at bedtime either. I know it's just a phase but SMs sleep regression phase is still going strong two years down the line and I'm scared that if I'm not tough with her now she'll be just the same, but I can't be tough with neighbours who scare the shit out of her. DH is up with her now, Im supposed to be out with friends. I've asked for the neighbours boyfriends advice, who as far as I know has no kids of his own, on how to shut up a screaming child, and apparently that's just my job.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby ChristmasGift » 13 Jul 2016, 19:05

It's so hard isn't it. I'm trying to remember how we did it but it was all quite gradual I think. Can your DH do bedtime on his own? we got G used to going to sleep without a feed by DH doing bedtime. Initially when I wasn't there (as they always seem to accept it better if your actually out) and then a bit later in the process I'd feed her and then go downstairs and she got used to falling asleep with DH instead of me. Can you break down all the things that need to be achieved into smaller steps so it doesn't seem like such a mountain?
Helpful advice from your neighbour's boyfriend though. He sounds great.
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby yorkshirepudding » 13 Jul 2016, 20:35

Hugs, it sounds like you're really stressed about it. I weaned Moo at the age CM is now, mainly because I was pregnant and hated him nursing. I had images of me doing it really gently with a little book about it all, but in the end I got really annoyed with him nursing when there was no milk so was just brutal and at bed time would say oh is there no milk, here have some water after about 5 seconds. I still feel guilty about it, I shouted at him a few times my poor boy.

I can't remember what happened when he woke at night, definitely would expect to have wailing then because he wouldn't really wake up just wanted to nurse. But I think I took him in a spare bed and offered him water. Probably did some explaining during the day about no milk (he was only having bed/night time feeds by then) and I don't remember any horror nights.

I know you don't actually have no milk but could you write her a story about no milk at night, and how she gets a special cup for her night time water/ teddy/ whatever you think might make it seem appealing, and then go shopping for that thing. Role play it with her during the day. Try it when you're away? Probably seems a ridiculous idea but maybe the change in surroundings would help break the habit if that's what it is, and you could continue at home in a 'that's just what we do' attitude. That's how I stopped Moo feeding to sleep for naps just before he was 2, just made dh go in a read a story instead one weekend and then carried it on during the next week, even though he initially expected milk. So easy to say now! Probably helped that although I felt a bit guilty about waking our neighbours up so much, they were total bastards who were really noisy themselves!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Kitcameron » 10 Aug 2016, 02:18

SM GTFTS!!!!! You have now successfully woken everyone in the f***ing house up and I am sick of getting up for you and CM cos everything I get her settled you wake her up again. STFU and go to sleep.

Sorry, just needed to scream.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Previous

Return to Random Thoughts