The GTFTS Thread

Whatever you like, really, knock yourself out... I'm not the boss of you.

Re: The GTFTS Thread

Postby Kitcameron » 17 Mar 2016, 17:04

Haha, even better.
Mummy to Slinky Malinky (Sept. 12) and Chunker Munker (June 14.)
Kitcameron

Postby ChristmasGift » 28 Mar 2016, 18:10

I'm rarely here but a combination of clock change and an excess of chocolate has made the last two bedtimes dire. DH is on duty tonight but my name is being yelled every two minutes. Luckily I've got a week off work so we have time to get back into a routine but until then I feel much wine will be needed. Has the clock change caused issues for anyone else/
Mama to The Babs- Aug 2012
ChristmasGift

Postby Marrow » 28 Mar 2016, 18:23

We've chosen the long weekend as the time to remove C's dummies. She's only recently dropped her nap every day, so late afternoons have been a bit dire but bed time has been easy and she's mostly slept until the gro clock says it's morning. Removing the dummies has broken that! Hours of getting to sleep, calling us in the night, and early waking. So I have no idea whether the clock change has added to the general buggered up ness.

So with you if not able to help!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby yorkshirepudding » 28 Mar 2016, 19:24

We've failed to get dinner cooked early enough to try and get them to bed on time so they're still working on gmt! Tonight was only half an hour late so we're getting there. Moo is a Keats knackered so he's gone to sleep ok. Clock change is actually working in our favour at the mo as they both wake early (Moo has started ignoring the gro clock, grrr) so they are waking at a theoretically reasonable hour for now! Also trying to get E to settle in her cot rather than feed to sleep as she then won't burp, managed tonight, hurrah!

Interested to know how the End of Dummies goes CG, Moo has kind of agreed when he is 4, but he has no idea of when that will be!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 30 Mar 2016, 03:42

I hope everyone is coping alright with time change/dummy removal/etc now.

Yp, what method are you using with E? We're still having the same issues with A and I am not getting nearly enough sleep. I'm scared to start with sleep training with her though even though we did it with L when he was younger than this.

And on that note: A, GTFTS!
Mama to big boy L born Sept. 2012, and baby girl A born June 2015.

http://treemama.wordpress.com/
Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 30 Mar 2016, 07:56

I should have been here last night but forgot about it in my sleep addled state. To start with I just couldn't get to sleep cos I have such a sore throat ATM and it just seemed to be getting worse and worse, then SM woke up about 1.30 and didn't go back to sleep til about 4.15, periodically shouting me. Think I finally got to sleep about 4.30ish then DH got up for work at 4.45 so I was woken up again briefly. I did manage to get back to sleep after that though until 7 when SM started shouting that she had tummy ache and needed her beatable dog (which was I. CMs bed so not happening. She was absolutely fine though when she came into bed with me, she just wouldn't go back to sleep and kept talking to me, so I kicked her out and told her to go play somewhere quietly. Gave in at 7.20 when CM woke up as well. Feel so crabby this morning and the kids feel just so demanding. Given its almost 9am we should probably just get dressed and go start our jobs: library, swimmers buying, car tyre, dropping something at a friends house, but I just so can't be bothered getting off the iPad and moving.
Kitcameron

Postby yorkshirepudding » 30 Mar 2016, 20:06

Ouch Kc, that's a long time awake at night! Hope the day was ok.

Treeb- no method other than put her in the cot when she's fed if she's not already asleep, she then sits up and plays and hopefully burps, and occasionally consents to lying down and possibly goes to sleep. But usually ends up back in my arms to actually get to sleep because she's crying! With these teeth I have sympathy with her and am all up for comforting her (except see my bf post too!). Never did sleep training with Moo, just not my thing, he would always feed to sleep so I'm just grateful E doesn't always. But yes, I am so in need of sleep, poor kids don't deserve shouty mummy!
Mummy to my little Christmas pudding, Moo, December 2012 and a summer pudding, baby E born June 2015
yorkshirepudding

Postby Kitcameron » 31 Mar 2016, 07:40

I managed to sneak back to bed for a bit when CM had her nap and SM was having quiet time in her room and DH got back soon after anyway and took SM out.

Last night much better except that at 10.45 she started shouting "no, no, no, no, no, go daway, go daway, go daway, go daway" so I went through to see her and she said she didn't like the twit twoo noise in the house (there were no owls in our house, other than the cuddly variety) so we had a quick chat and a bit later she was shouting "go daway naughty lady, go daway." I had to go through to her three times but the last time was 11.30 and CM didn't wake til 6.45 so shouldn't really complain lol. Just feel so sad for her when she's obviously upset about something and I can't fix it.
Kitcameron

Postby Treeb » 03 Apr 2016, 05:49

A is so full of burps tonight, it's ridiculous. I have no idea how one little body can be full of so much air! She won't let me put her in bed, just fusses and then burps once again when I pick her up. It is nearly 2am and I have had no sleep in my own bed yet. The only sleeping I've done was dozing off on the couch with her in my arms for about an hour and a half.

Treeb

Postby yorkshirepudding » 03 Apr 2016, 08:01

Shall we just put our babies together and let them burp the night away? E Hardly ever gets hers out, just tosses and turns and moans in our bed for hours. I feel jet lagged.
yorkshirepudding

Postby Marrow » 03 Apr 2016, 14:43

The end of dummies has not caused the end of all times! Woo! C called for us ten minutes before Gro-morning today, and has slept straight through for the two nights prior to that. Getting to sleep is slightly less trivial than it was, but still not difficult - she is often wanting a thing or two to be rearranged / clarified / whatever before falling asleep.

Let this be a tale of hope!
Mum to a Courgette (July 2012)
Marrow

Postby yorkshirepudding » 03 Apr 2016, 16:50

Wow Marron, go C!
yorkshirepudding

Postby yorkshirepudding » 07 May 2016, 19:26

All this new stuff- clapping, dada/ baba shouting, peekaboo, signing for twinkle twinkle - is very cute baby girl, but an hour and a half to get to sleep when your nap was a long time ago...GTFTS! (I ended up in the cot with her)
yorkshirepudding

Postby Treeb » 10 May 2016, 03:16

Please GTFTS in your own bed, A! I know sleeping in mommy's arms seems comfy but we can't do this for the entire night. I have a headache and a stiff neck, and have not yet changed into pajamas, brushed my teeth, or gone pee. I should have been in my bed half an hour or more ago. So please, let me put you in your bed so I can sleep too!

Treeb

Postby Kitcameron » 10 May 2016, 06:46

Aww Treeb ((())( hope she settled eventually.
Kitcameron

PreviousNext

Return to Random Thoughts